Friday, June 26, 2009

Casual Jeans Friday

Can't believe I'm so late in posting this card...it's almost bedtime! Well, today was kinda hectic here at the Breach farm... so I'm lucky to even get on the computer at all today, lol. SO... how many of you have "Casual Fridays" at work where you get to wear your favorite blue jeans? Well, LiLi is all ready for a party in her fashion jeans and sweater!

This week's TLC was to create "Faux Denim" and this is my 2nd try (and this time turned out much better--it takes a li'l practice, heehee). So, I only made one 1/4 sheet of it and then wanted to paper piece her jeans out of my piece, so I cut out a smaller oval out of the middle of my denim c.s. and then just covered that up with a larger stamped oval!! Perfect!! :)
I also used this week's Color Challenge, which was brilliant blue, tango orange, and yellow. I think this also qualifies for Thursday's challenge which was to go "bright"...hmmm, do you think this is bright enough?? LOL. I sure like the way this one turned out. As you can see in the up close versions, I used stickles and stardust gellyroll pens to add shimmer to her hair clips, the roses on topping on the cake, and the designs on her jeans and socks. This time I watercolored on watercolor cardstock--it definately gives a different look than on smooth white c.s. What do ya think?
Well, I have another cute card to show you tomorrow, so I hope you'll check back in ☺ I'm going to go pre-post it now as I have another busy day tomorrow, but a very exciting one!! My sister Kathy is coming down for a visit with her 2 kids and we're taking the kids swimming in the afternoon and it's my niece's 15th birthday, so we'll be taking her out for dinner etc. Have a super stampy weekend!!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Kristine she is perfect, love your card.

Debbie Pamment said...

She's sooo cute - and that faux denim looks fabulous! Great job as always!
xXx

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww Kristine she is tooo cute!!! Perfect job on the jeans, and yes this is bright and pretty!!!! :)

Have a wonderful weekend hun!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Michele said...

Fabulous card Kristine. Love the way you've coloured in Lili and the faux denmin also. Hugs
Michele x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lorie said...

Gosh Kris! I completely love this card! This images are great...I may have to break down and buy one or two! Have a super time with Kathy and the kids! :o)

Abra Leah Cross said...

Very cute - I really like the way it looks on watercolor paper. I think it makes it easier to blend the inks (at least for me).

The denim technique is really cool looking!

BananaStamper said...

An adorable card and beautiful coloring! Love it - this stamp has so much detail!

Shanna

Cami said...

Kristine, you did an excellent job with this faux denim! The colors on the watercolor paper surely are vibrant and I love it. Very cute card...great job.

Hugs, Cami

Babydoll said...

This looks awesome!! This was a lot of work, but I love the way it turned out. :)

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristine, I hope you got my email. I have been crazy busy!!! You always make my eyeballs pop outta my head when I see you cards or projects. GREAT JOB Sweetie! I love the denim look and love the bright yellow with the blue... draws the eyes into the card! Thanks so much for always making such lovely projects and for being so awesome!!! HUGS! Nicole :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This, my friend, is an absolute masterpiece!!!!