Thursday, June 25, 2009

Apple Berry Purse

Happy Thursday, stampers!! I have another cute filing purse to share with you today! This time I used some fun and funky fruity paper (it's actually thicker, more like cardstock but it still worked fine!) and added a scallop border, some little red bows and this Tilda with Bee from the Magnolia's Butterfly collection.
As you can see, I covered up the bee with one of the juicy apples from the DP and pop-dotted it to her hand ☺ I also used some of these Basic Grey magnets to hold the flap closed. These little magnetic discs are so awesome!! They are really a strong magnet...although I would suggest using a glue dot on the sticky side after you peel off the little white sticker as their glue wasn't as strong as the magnetism and therefore wouldn't really hold to my c.s. SO, I just stuck one of my small glue dots on each half and worked wonderfully! :)

THANK YOU READERS for all your awesome comments on my last post!! I can see these are a big hit!! ☺ I showed my mom how to make one and she's planning on making these for all her fellow teachers in the Fall. OH, you prolly want the tutorial on how to do this cute project yourself, right? LOL. Just follow this link to the lovely Maria's blog post/tutorial. She made 4 of these babies and they are all soo beautiful! Thanks again Maria for sharing this awesome picture tute with us! :)

Lots of Stampy Goodness going on over at KL Stampin N Scrappin right now! Did you know that some of Rachelle Anne Miller stamps are retiring?? Kelly ordered some in and they are at least $2 off PLUS if you spend $25 by the end of June, you get an extra $5 off your order, or if you spend $50, you get an extra $10 off !!! What a great deal stampers!! She's also offering BLOG CANDY!!! And as if that weren't enough, if you take part in our sketch challenge over at PCP this month, you have a chance to win more FREEBIES (a stamp and a Basic Grey paper pad + more)!!! Kelly's sure in the giving mood this month ☺ Lucky for US, eh?? I hope you'll come visit us over on PCP and at the blog! C U 'round!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Moni said...

Hi Kristine! Yo did fab job again, I did my purse, but it is not beautiful as yours! So I will not show on the blog! Maybe another time, but you used fab papers and love sitting Tilda! Hugs, Moni

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

OHhhh, my goodnnnnnessss, this is GORGEOUS! You could use this for so many little index card things -- I index all of my stamp collections and passwords for Internet pages . . . OHhhh, definitely gorgeous. I will have to try my hand at that and get rid of these ugly black plastic boxes. KAAA-UTE! I just adore apples, too, ya know so if this little cutie doesn't have a home . . . (hint, hint) my kitchen is full of appley goodies. :D Kel

Julia Aston said...

These are just so cute! love the papers and Tilda on this one - thanks for the tutorial link!

*Vicki* said...

And hey...thanks so much for sharing the link with us!! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

OMG girl!! You are just on roll with these CUTE purses!! How yummy can it get?!! :) Too cute!!

scrappernic said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these purses! I am going to have to try one of these! I love the colors you've used--so bright and cheerful!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is adorable, Kristine! What a fun project, and yours turned out so cute! Love your Tilda holding the apple - clever!

Lorie said...

Absolutely, positively, AMAZING!!!! I love it!

Carly said...

Hi Kristine,
I've been peeking around your blog and all your creations are just fabulous! I love this purse! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi!
Talk to you soon!

Cami said...

I love this just as much as I love the other one you made. These DPs are so pretty and colorful. I see you're on a roll with these babies! Great job again. I have to get started on mine. Yours is absolutely gorgeous and don't you just love that Tilda? Hugs, Cami

Debbie Pamment said...

Another fabulous creation - am really going to have to give this a go!
xXx

Diane said...

I adore this !!! Too darn cute!!!
And the paper is so lovely!!!