Friday, June 12, 2009

Angelica's Daydream

Happy Friday Stampers!! Here's yet another Inky Impressions cutie called Angelica's Daydream. These stamps are so fun to color! Well, I thought about what I could sit her on, maybe a ribbon? But I decided to use SCS sketch challenge (this week's) and my ribbon just wouldn't have worked. SO... my 10 year old grabbed my flower soft and said "here mom, use this!" - why Thank You Carly!! Ok, so now she's sitting on a bed of flowers.... Hmmmm, LOL!!! Usually we smell the flowers not sit on them, lol ---- Oh, I know, maybe it's one of those wall partitions with flowers and moss growing through the cracks! YA, that's it!! ;P

Anyway, I also tried this week's TLC222 which was to create some fun crinkled cardstock flowers! Those are so easy and a lot of fun! I used my CTMH cardstock because it has a white core which would be perfect for this technique because after crinkling it, you're suppose to go over the crinkles with a nail file. But.... I don't have one, all I have is a foot file and well---we won't even go there!!! :) Lol. Don't want any of my card recipients to wonder what I used on it THIS TIME!!! - lol. But you can sponge over them instead of filing so... ☺

SO... got any fun weekend plans? I've gotta get started on my recipe swaps!! That and plan music for worship team on Sunday. Oh ya... my girls started the "Pins & Needles Crafters" 4-H class this week. So I've been helping them with their crocheted projects. The biggest thing they need help with is holding the yarn and needle!! But it'll come with more practice. Well, have a good one and remember that today is the last day to finish our blog hop -- if you want a chance at that super prize pack that is!!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Katy said...

Grogeous card Kristine :)

Love the bright cheery colours

xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sue from Oregon said...

what a fun and colorful card! Have a great weekend!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

what a fun and colorful card! Have a great weekend!!!

Sparkle said...

How precious!

Helen said...

I like the flower seat! Love it!

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card hun! I love the flowers she's sitting on :)

Have a lovely weekend, Hugs Tanja

Tonya said...

This turned out beautiful. I think this is the best coloring you have ever done and you know that is saying something because I think your coloring is always fabulous!!

Seleise said...

what a sweet card with that fun flower! And, it's colored beautifully! Have a great week-end!

SemSee said...

Gorgeously stunning, Kristine! Yet another bright, awesome card - love your style, girl! And your comment about a foot file...ROFL!!! You're SO funny!!!! Mwah, sweetie! xx

Diane said...

Super cute Kristine! Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead,enjoy!

Shary said...

Great idea with the flower soft Carly. Love those distressed flowers too. And of course the cute image, beautifully coloured!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

There's another thing we have in common... crochet! But I don't do much of that anymore. Papercrafting takes up pretty much all of my spare crafting time. I wanna retire so I can craft more. Waaaaahhhhh!

Okay, back to reality. I love the color combo you used in this card... very striking! I kinda think she looks like she's sitting in a pile of leaves. As always, your coloring of this little gal is perfection all the way!

Hugs,
Lisa

Marcia said...

She's very cute sitting amongst the flowers. Nicely done.

Have a great weekend

x Marcia P

Rose Ann said...

She is so very cute, Kristine!! I love it!!

Christine said...

Wow, Kristine, your card is adorable. I think it's perfect that she is sitting on all of those flowers. You have done an incredible job coloring Angelica. Your details are fantastic! Well done!
xoxo, Christine

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card. The colors are so vibrant and the tattered flower is very pretty addition to the card.