Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stocking Up on Sympathy Cards

Happy Saturday!! Are you having a great weekend so far? It's Friday night and I'm preposting this for the weekend because I plan to be off my computer for the next 2 days (do ya really think I'll make it?? My hubby laughed at me--we'll see!). Today will be a fun day if my allergies don't act up too badly. My daughter Carly and 3 others from her school were chosen to help build walls and paint murals on them for our city Park Dedication. They just completed the new pavillion/stage and almost doubled the size of the park and spruced it up. There's going to be live music and free food, so it sounds like a lot of fun! It's also my MIL's birthday, so we'll be going out to dinner tonight.

Okay, onto my card... I decided to make a few sympathy cards to have on hand because if I wait until I need one, I either don't get the time or have no creative juices to get it done. SO, I made a few of these with the set "Thoughts and Prayers" from SU! I used my white gel pen to hightlight each petal and then I added tiny pearls to the flower centers. It's a pretty simple card. I like the toned down look of stamping directly onto the Kraft c.s. as opposed to bright white, don't you?

OH, one more thing! Kelly posted a new poll at the top of the KL SNS blog. Will you please take a second to go vote? THANK YOU!!

Happy Stampin' N Scrappin'!! :)
Photobucket

21 comments:

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! I find types of cards very hard to make...but yours is perfect!!...off to vote...Have a Wonderful Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine,love the image and the wonderful papers and ribbon. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Susie Sugar said...

Really classy card Kristin I love it
Hugs Susie xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Very striking Kristin. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Helen said...

Your card is beautiful. I do love the look of stampin directly onto craft cardstock. It looks awesome. I wish I lived closer so I could join you all at the park today! It sounds like wonderful fun! Have a blast today!
~H

Sparkle said...

Very pretty! Have a fun weekend!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kristine this is very very pretty hun!!! Love the top note die you used, I sooo want that die:) LOL

Anyways hun, I do hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Keistine.

hugs Riet.x

Sue from Oregon said...

Very pretty! I just ordered this set on Friday...now I can't wait to case this! LOL

Lorie said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! You've done this set justice! :o)

Debbie Pamment said...

This set is just soo divine - I don't think it will ever be used badly - but this is divine with the white flowers and pearls!!
Hope your time away from the computer was fun - sounds like you had a lot on!!!
xXx

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful and elegant Kristine!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Very pretty card, Kristine! What a great effect to stamp directly on the Kraft and it's such a good idea to have a few of these cards on hand. Hope you and the girls had a wonderful time with all your work at the park!!

Chris (catt871) said...

LOVE this card!! Such a good idea to have Sympathy cards on hand!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a great thing to do! I can't wait to hear how it all came out and hopefully see some pix!

Hugs,
Lisa

Marcia said...

This is beautiful Kris.

Marcia said...

This is beautiful Kris.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so very beautiful, Kristine!! I love that image, and the pretty papers/colors!!

Holly said...

Love the kraft and blue together Kris! I hope you'll share pictures of the mural!

Seleise said...

that's a wonderful sympathy card. Hope you had a wonderful week-end!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card Kris!!

Hugs...