Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sister Challenge #8

Hola Chica!
(Hey, Girl!)

This weekend my sister and I decided to do this week's Friday Sketchers. We both just got our SOTM from Paper Pretties called "Hola Chica", so we are both using the same stamp and sketch and seeing how different our cards end up ☺

I had this idea to make pleats like her skirt out of colored tissue paper. It prolly would have looked better if it were gathered and sewn, but I am sure it wouldn't have made it that far through the sewing machine!! So I just took a couple strips of each color, made folded pleats and then picked up the whole strip and layered them on a piece of clear boxing tape, then trimmed each layer. I finally found a leafy punch--this one is a Martha Stewart one, and so is this flower. The Basic Grey designer paper is from my Lime Rickey pack.

And now, how about hopping over to see what my sister made! ☺ Have a great Sunday!!

23 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Kristine! Love the colours!

christie said...

Omgosh Kristine, this is amazing!!!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh girl! This is completely adorable and happy! LOVE it!

Danni said...

What a fun card!! I love the pleats you made!! Great job!!

de said...

Love this! I am on this mexican decorating mode for my patio! This is so festive! And don't you LOVE LOVE the Lime Rickey?!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my gosh...my daughter wore a dance costume almost exactly like this ...big ruffles and all...sure brought back fun memories!

Katy said...

Hi Kristine

How r u?

Fab card, love the bright colours make you feel very summery especially with the image :)

Hugs

Katy
xx

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the bright cheery colours and i love the pleats idea with the tissue paper. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Michele said...

Fabulous card Kristine. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.x

Deb said...

Amazing card Kristine, so love the bright colours and fun image!
Have a great evening, Debx

Sparkle said...

How fun! I love the bright colors and your pleats!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

What a fun colorful card, love your pleats

Julia Aston said...

Love the pleats on this - so clever!

Beth said...

This is such a bright and fun card! I love the image and texture you've added with the pleats!
Beth xx

Rose Ann said...

This is so fun and colorful, Kristine...and I love your pleating!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh what a fun card Kristine!! I just love the colors here!! :)

Diane said...

Lovely!!! This image makes me smile evertime I see it!
You did a fab job as always Kristine!

Helen said...

love what you did with the tissue paper! And the color scheme is awesome!

Steph said...

What a bright summery card! I love the paper pleating, it looks fab!

Annika said...

Oh, I LOVE the frills and colours and image and ... well, everything about that card!
Hugs
Annika

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love how you mimicked the pleats of the dress with tissue paper. This card is so cute and colorful. Gotta love those Sophies!

xOx Lisa

aardvarkpest said...

Fab card. I love the image and how you've pleated the tissue.Love the bright colours.

Glenda