Friday, May 29, 2009

A Ladybug Invite

Just a quick post tonight, but wanted to show you this party invitation I just made :) I got the house cleaned up for my daughter's birthday party tomorrow and still had time left over to do up one more invitation. Of course, this one is not for her party this year, lol--that's be just like me though to wait this long. Anyway, there's a brad under those bows that allows the wings to open up and reveal the information.
Pretty clever, eh? lol. Well, I'm sure it's been done before, but I had this idea in mind when I got this new Tilda with ladybug. She's from the Butterfly Colllection by Magnolia. (just a reminder that all Magnolias are 10% off at KL Stampin N Scrappin every day!!). Sorry the picture is so dark--but it's evening and it's thundering outside, so the lighting isn't any better out there!
Well, I've gotta run for now. I'll be back Sunday with some pics I'm sure ☺ Have a great weekend!!
Photobucket

26 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute as a bug!!! Hugs Cindy xxoo

Carolyn Bounds said...

How sweet!!! You always come up with the most amazing creations, and this beauty is no exception!!! I love it!!! Sending you some ladybug hugs:o)

Michele said...

Oh I love this Kristine. What a clever idea. Love the tilda image and the lovely colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow Kristine, what a gorgeous idea, love the ladybug and the cute Tilda. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

de said...

This is amazing! I love it!

Katy said...

Fabulous invitation Kristine, love the idea :)

xx

Anita Hovey said...

Soooo adorable... I love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling creation!

Sparkle said...

This is the cutest thing ever!

Chris (catt871) said...

CUte cute cute!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! you are VERY clever!!!!!

Riet said...

Wowww Kristine,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love it!!! Instructions? :) Have a fun party today!

Abra Leah Cross said...

I made those for my daughter's birthday last year! :)
http://abraleahstamps.blogspot.com/2008/06/and-they-all-played-games.html

They are fun and easy to make! Of course, I made a TON of them, so it wasn't as fun by the end.

Love your addition of the ribbon to hide the brad. :)

Lorie said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is absolutely adorable, Kristine!

Cathleen said...

Oh how cute and clever, I love this!

Debbie Pamment said...

Super cute - have a similar pic in my folder to be CASEd - but your version is sooo mcuh better! Love it!
Hope the party went well!
xXx

mickeydee said...

This is the cutest invitation ever! Love it. I love how the ladybug opens up with the info inside. So cute and clever :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hey there! I'm finally getting caught up on my blog surfing. This has been a hectic week. I need a vacation!

What a stinkin cute card this is! I love ladybugs anyway. What a great idea for an invitation. You rock, my friend.

I hope your daughter's birthday party was fun, fun, fun!

Hugs,
Lisa

BananaStamper said...

Oh so cute! I love it!

Shanna

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Acck! So cute! So clever, too. Now I have to go check out Abra Leah's above. :) Hugs, Kel

*Vicki* said...

HOly cow girl!! This is just too sweet!! I just adore your fun card!!

Dana said...

That is just too stinkin' cute! Would you share your technique in making it? My youngest is turning 4 8/1 and has decided that she wants a ladybug party. These would be a HUGE hit to her!!

Gina Wrona said...

Too Cute!

Hugs,
Gina

Rose Ann said...

Your invites are incredibly adorable and creative!! Love them!!

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is fantastic what a neat idea , I love it , your blog is full of great ideas xx