Sunday, May 24, 2009

I ♥ the U.S.A.

...and so does Edwin! ☺

Happy Memorial Day weekend, stampers!! I've had this idea in my head for a couple days now, and finally got some free time today to make it. This is Edwin Under the Mistletoe (another one of those adorable Magnolias). But don't you just sit there sometimes and think what other ways you can use your stamps? I do... so here is Edwin kissing the U.S. flag! =P

I used my Creative Memories star template to cut out the front pieces in red, white, and navy cardstock. Then for the back piece, I folded a piece of 12x12 navy in half, then set my template slightly over the edge of fold and cut out the star. Then mounted my front piece to the card. Yes, I know my stripes are crooked and not evenly spaced--but only YOU noticed that though right!?!! LOL. And yes, there are 50 stars that I glued on with a quickie glue pen. Those cool bottlecap letters I got years ago, I believe from Oriental Trading. I wanted to spell out "God Bless the U.S.A." but was missing a "D" and some "S"s ... so this will do.

Have YOU made a Memorial Day card or Mother's Day card this month?? Then you can enter it in the KLSNS Girls' PCP challenge! It goes until next Sunday, May 31st and the winner gets a free Magnolia plus some other (really sweet) goodies from Kelly's store! :) Just click on the link above and leave a comment, linking us to your card!

SO, what are your plan tomorrow--those of you who get the day off? We are taking the girls up to the cemetary in the morning to lay flower on dad's/grandpa's grave, and then a couple friends of the girls are coming over and we're planting our garden. It's more of a learning experience for the girls ;) But I'm excited to have my first vegetable garden. And then we'll BBQ. Suppose to be nice weather...YAY!! Well, have a great weekend and hope you get time to Ink Something!



P.S.

For those who asked about pictures of our park dedication day, I just posted pics at our Family Blog. :)

Photobucket

25 comments:

Lorie said...

Okay, seriously...I just can't stop looking at your card!!!!!!

Lorie said...

This is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! My goodness Kristine! We are having a big BBQ tomorrow...should be fun! I hope you have a super day!

Lorie said...

One last time...this is AMAZING!!! You should frame it!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW this is amazing!!!!! I love love love the star shape!!! Have a SUPER holiday weekend!!!! I wish we had a long weekend again!

Kim said...

Saw this awesome project on SCS and had to come and see the details too. WOW - you are very creative and did an awesome job on this!

Holly said...

Kristine, this is just fantastic! I LOVE the way you did the sentiment, and your coloring is brilliant!

Stressed Stamper said...

Fantastic card - wishing all my american buddies a Happy memorial day
Sarah

Maria said...

Hi Kristine!! I love the star shape . . .such a fantastic tribute for Memorial Day. Such an awesome design. You did a fantastic job coloring Edwin and I love the sentiment!

My husband is leaving for a business trip tomorrow so it's going to be a quiet day for us tomorrow!! I'll probably spend time crafting! LOL!

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Maria

Debbie Pamment said...

Happy Memorial Day dear friend!! LOVE your card, so bright and cheerful - my daughter is actually a US citizen - she was born in Virginia - so I have fond memories of the States and the Memorial Days we spent there! Hope you have a fabulous day!!!

BTW - I got a Kris B original in the mail today - it is soooo much better IRL - thanx soooooooooo much!!

xXx

Kristen said...

Kristine, this is wicked cute. Great Memorial Day card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is the best Memorial Day card I've seen yet! I didn't notice the crooked stripes until you pointed it out, silly girl. But I am amazed that you managed to glue 50 stars onto the navy part. Wowser, do you have patience!!! I also love the stitching. Excellent work!

Good luck with your veggie garden. Around here, I can't even grow flowers much less veggies. LOL

Off to see your pix on the family blog...

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. There's a little something for you on my blog...

Diane said...

Oh I agree with Lorie! This is an amazing card!!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Kristine, this is fabulous! What a clever idea using Edwin in this manner. I wonder if he could also be whistling some patriotic tune...:) This turned out adorable. Great job.

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card! I love the shape and of course the colours :)

Hugs Tanja

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE the star shape and flag background!! Fantastic, Kristine!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the shape and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Seleise said...

super idea! beautiful work!

Dani said...

This is perfect! Fabulous job! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Heather Schlatter said...

Kristine I really love this star card I want to make one now too!!! I love the red white and blue so festive!!!

Heather

Cathleen said...

Wow! This is awesome, fantastic shape great colors!

de said...

I love this! Lori is funny above! That's the way I feel! It's A M A Z I N G!!!!

Katy said...

Fab card Kristine, love the shape of the card :)

xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Just catching up on my blog reading...this is just a great card all the way around!

Susie Sugar said...

This is so cool xx