Saturday, May 09, 2009

Celebrating Mom

I finally got my other Mother's Day card made--talk about waiting til the last minute! =P

Look at this pretty ensemble I found at the Dollar Tree!! (see pic below). I made my card to match as close as I could--thought that would be cute to have it match. There's a shopping list, small clipboard, pack of matchbook notes, matching pens etc. For my card, I used my sweet Tilda with Hearts Magnolia--it's the same tilda in my banner up there, you can see she's actually carrying hearts, but I used my Flower Soft so she's giving mom "flowers"! Thanks so much for this idea Kerry!! I love to use my stamps for more than what they were created for...and thanks to all the inspiration out there that make it possible for "me" to do that, LOL. This paper is the lovely "Porcelain" from Basic Grey.

I want to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow--for those who are celebrating! (I just got a note from a friend in Ireland that they celebrated in March!) But still--for those who are moms, have a mom, or have fond memories of your mom....Have a wonderful Mom's Day!

19 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is soooo sweet - love the Flower Soft - it adds such a gorgeous texture and dimension - great work as always!!

Happy Mother's Day!
xXx

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! You are a woman after my own heart with your bargain finds that you transform into an amazing gift set!! Great idea to use the Flower Soft to make this Tilda even more versatile, too.

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, so lovely. Hugs Cindy xxoo
Happy Mother's Day.

Lorie said...

What a pretty card! I love the entire set! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, Kristine! I hope you get lots of well-deserved pampering and mommy love. I announced this morning to the troops that this is Mother's Weekend. They rolled their eyes!

What a cute card and gift set! So sweet. I confess that I did not make a mother's day card this year. My own sweet mother is in Heaven, and I sent flowers to my MIL. For shame! I'm just a little mojo challenged these days...

Hugs!
Lisa

Helen said...

You did a great job! Happy Mother's Day to you!!
~H

Riet said...

Wowww Kristine,what beautiful,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkle said...

Very pretty! The whole set is gorgeous.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

this is fabulous, kristine!! the whole ensemble matches the card perfectly! i hope you are having a wonderful mothers day!! hugs, sus

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Such a gorgeous little gift set Kristine and love the cute Tilda and flower soft detail, Happy Mother's Day and hope your having a wonderful day, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Kristine!!!

I finally am making it around to everyone to Welcome them to the Inky Impressions Team!!!

Congrats on the Inky Team and I look forward to getting to know you better as we work together on the team!!

I have spent some time going through your blog and WOW you have some simply gorgeous and Elegant creations on here!!!

I just love your coloring and the colors and papers you use!!!

Wonderful talent girl!!!

I added your blog to my follow list to so I can keep up on your creations even better!!!

Heather Schlatter

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such a beautiful card Kristine! Love the Flower Soft flowers!! And what a fantastic set!! Awesome!

Hugs,
Melissa

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous set... love your blog banner!

Shary said...

Great set Kristine, very pretty. Hope you had a great Mother's Day. x

Cathleen said...

What an adorable card, great colors and paper!

Susie Sugar said...

What a beautiful gift set , totally amazing
Love Susie xx

Rose Ann said...

She's beautiful!! I love the Flower Soft and pretty lace!!

Seleise said...

gorgeous card! love the flowers!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Kristine, all your projects are stunning but i have to say im just in love with all these goodies that you have made, someone is very lucky to be receiving all these, i am so jealous! big hugs Linda x