Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Monkeys

These little "Birthday Monkeys" are from Rachelle Anne Miller's new 2009 Spring collection and Kelly's selling these in her store so I just HAD to buy these for my little monkey... I mean my 8 year old daughter ☺ She's turning 9 in a couple weeks and she's totally monkey crazy right now, so I think she'll like this. OH WOOPS, just realized I only have 8 candles instead of 9...she'd be the type to point that out too! I generated the sentiment on my computer and candles too. How did I miss that!? LOL. Not sure how this shows up on your computer, but the stamped piece is layered onto purple c.s. -- it matches better IRL. This photo is a little too dark, but when I tried lightening it, all the little effects like the cheeks and outlining disappear, so this is the best I could do. Do you notice how shiny the balloons are? I added Crystal Effects to all of them so they are puffy and shiny :)

I found this sketch over at Paper Pretties, and so my sister and I decided to use it for this week's "Sister Challenge." This will make week 10. She'll be working on hers Tuesday, so as soon as she posts hers, I'll link ya to it. I think she's making a b-day card for my daughter as well?? We shall see! ☺

Have a super day and hope you find time to Ink Something!

Photobucket

25 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Oh I just love it! What wonderful colors you've used. :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Your cheeky monkey is going to LOVE this!! It's such a fun, colourful card!
xXx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. I have 3 cheeky monkeys, lol. Hugs Michele x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card Kristine! Your coloring is amazing as always!! ;)

Hugs,
Melissa

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

OMG, could this be any cuter! What a darling image, and your colors are fabulous with it. I LOVE it!! Happy Birthday to your daughter in a few weeks. They grow too fast, don't they?!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love those sweet Monkeys, way to cute. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Dani said...

Oh.My.Word. Those are the cutest monkeys! Ack! Kind of reminds me of my boys too... :) Fabulous job!

Lorie said...

This is so cute...can I be your daughter?

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Kids don't miss a trick, do they? LOL Happy (early) Birthday to Maddy! Such a cute card! I love monkeys, too. Rachelle Anne Miller's are just the sweetest. Fun colors on this one...and I love the shiney balloons.

Hugs my friend,
Lisa

Rose Ann said...

Super cute monkeys, Kristine...and I love the fun colors!! Darling card!!

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute card! This is a cheerful card and your monky is just the cutest. Love your coloring and oh the DP is so cheerful. Hugs, Cami

Sparkle said...

What a fun and darling birthday card!

Christine said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I so love Rachelle Ann Miller stamps and you have done a fantastic job coloring it. Love that we are on the Inky Impressions DT together. Have a great day!
xoxo, Christine

Sue from Oregon said...

Your daughter will be thrilled!

Cathleen said...

This is so cute and so fun, love the image and the fab coloring!

Denise said...

So adorable!! Love the colors.

mamichelle said...

That is so cute! Love the shiny balloons!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the cute Monkey's and the lovely bright papers. Big Hugs Nikki x

Jessica G. said...

Your coloring is awesome on these little cuties and I just realized the background DP has sparkles -- how perfect for an 8 yo DD!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, I love those RAM image. It's so stinkin' cute!! You did such a beautiful job coloring the image. .you really brought it to life. I love your choice of colors. .very pretty!! Great choice of dp too.

Maria

*Vicki* said...

TEEHEE!! Well isn't this just so sweet!! I adore your image and coloring! ;)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is adorable! Your daughter will love it! So cheery and beautifully done!! Great coloring!!

Chris (catt871) said...

OMG, they are CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I love the colours!!!!

Seleise said...

Oh my gosh - these monkeys are soooo cute! Can't believe you didn't want to post this - hee hee! :) Super fabulous!