Monday, May 11, 2009

Anyone Seen My Mojo?

Well, this started out as this week's Mojo Monday sketch, but it just wasn't coming together. I didn't like the idea of putting ribbon across the middle for her to sit on cause it was covering up too much of the pretty paper, lol. I must have sat here tonight staring at this card and trying different things for I'm sure over an hour or two... and this is just one of those cards that I'm not too thrilled with, let's say. I do think Tilda's cute all paper pieced, but ?? I don't know.

I used dp from the Porcelain pad (BG) with my newest stamps from KL SNS called Tilda with chicks and the little chicks. I don't have any sentiments that go with chicks, although I could think of a few cute ones, but the girls are asleep and I can't run my printer right now (other side of their wall). SO...I used this Sew Sweet tag stamp. Well, it's about 11 p.m. and I'm sew tired... lol ;P Hope you get time to Ink Something!

15 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is really cute Kristine - I don't think you've lost your mojo at all - maybe you're just too close! We all feel that way about our work at times! Tilda certainly looks cute paper pieced and the extra chicks are really cute!
xXx

Susie Sugar said...

Simply stunning card I love what you have done with the background
Hugs Susie xx

Marcia said...

Gorgeous Kris, love how you have cut the DSP.

Also love the new blog header, very nicely done.

:) Marcia P

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the tilda image and the beautiful colouring. And I agree the papers you used are far too pretty to cover up, lol. Hugs Michele x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the way you have paper pieced Tilda, she looks so pretty. Hugs Nikki x

Steph said...

Love it, Kristine! I don't know what you're talking about losing your mojo, it's gorgeous!!! Love the paper piecing especially x

Riet said...

Wowww Kristine,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jessica G. said...

This is missing mojo?? It's a great card, Kristine -- that paper pieced dress is precious!

Julia Aston said...

Love your paperpieced Tilda and the zig zag DP behind - very pretty!

Rose Ann said...

She is adorable, Kristine...and I love your coloring!! The chicks are so cute as well!!

*Vicki* said...

Kristine, this is really adorable!! I love your colors and papers!! :)

Danyelle Kessler said...

Yes, Tilda looks adorable pieced. I love the ds paper too!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

First of all, this is adorable. I love that you did her dress out of the brown dot to match the background. And the sentiment is great with the little stitches. I love all of it. I have sat many times staring and fiddling and not quite finding the "perfect" thing and then gone to bed tired and annoyed that I "wasted" time on a project. But this is a great card. I think we expect a lot of ourselves sometimes....maybe too much. I do love the Porcelain papers and this turned out so pretty.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

If that's losing your mojo, then I'm in real trouble! LOL

Actually, I do understand how it is sometimes. I fiddle and fiddle and fiddle with some cards and never feel right about them. I think the best is just to leave it overnight. I always seem to find the answer after setting it aside for awhile.

Lorie said...

Betcha come back in the morning and find exactly what you want to do to it! I think it is a great card though! :o)