Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vroom, Vroom...

Biker Bella's Hittin' the Road
Do you remember a few posts ago I told you my friend Helen sent me some Stamping Bella images to play with? Well, here's my first one!!
The first person I thought of to send this to is my mom. She's not the typical "Biker Babe," but she and my dad have been doing lots of biking trips these last couple years on the motorcycle! She actually has black leather threads too, but I don't have a picture. They've traveled across a few states for vacation last summer, and lots of shorter trips to the coast to go camping. Anyway, mom's birthday is in July, so I sometimes like to do red/white/blue cards for her.

The flower "spokes" on the front and both wheel rims are colored with my clear sparkly gellyroll pen, and the muffler and other parts are colored with the grey sparkly pen...but that's so hard to see in this photo. Maybe if you clicked to enlarge it might show it. Did you notice my bow? Uh-huh... doin' a little "Melissa Bove" action there, LOL!!! Hey, I'm trying!!!
Okay, before I go, here's a picture of my parents with their cute little 2-seater "Hardley Davidson"
Did you notice the writing on the tank? At quick glance it looks like "Harley" but it's not! LOL It's a "Hardly" Davidson. It's actually a Yamaha. Fooled me too! lol.
Thanks again Helen for the cute images to color! =P (Told ya I'd get some use outta them!)
Photobucket

15 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

Tonya said...

I love this! Super cute image and the layout and colors are fab. Loved the pictures of your parents. My parents use to ride too.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Super adorable card Kristine!! Love it! And look at your sweet parents!! Good for them!!

Hugs,
Melissa

Cindy Haffner said...

Bella is having so much fun, fab job.

Lorie said...

That is a GREAT card! I love the colors. You parents are completely cute with their Harley!

Helen said...

That's awesome!!! We love how it turned out! (We, are me and the girls at work)

*Vicki* said...

This is just the sweetest card ever!! Just love your personal pic too!! Perfect card!! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a fun biker card! I love that DP - it really sets off your card stock colors!

Rose Ann said...

Adorable card, Kristine...and I love the photo of your biker parents!! Very cool!!

Sparkle said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and how they match what your mom is wearing in the picture. :)

Abra Leah Cross said...

That is just too cute! :) Your mom will love it.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your card totally rocks! I love the color combo and design and... of course... the bow! Cute picture of your folks. My dad is a big motorcycle lover... always dreamed of taking trips with my mom, but she wasn't into it. But I do remember Dad taking me on short rides. Good memories!

xOx Lisa

Marcia said...

Love it Kristine, that card screams fun! Bet your mum loved it.

:) Marcia P

Seleise said...

super card and what a fun story! Your mom will love it!

Chris (catt871) said...

That is sooooooooo awesome!!! She will love it!!!!