Tuesday, April 07, 2009

TLC - Flower Pot Pocket Card

Happy Tuesday!! This week's TLC (technique lover's challenge) was to create this fun pocket card. My actual colors are lighter than this picture shows...her hair is brown, not black! (Boy, I need to get one of those studio-in-a-box thingies.) Anyway, here's Tilda with her puppy sitting on a huge flower pot, and the tag inside says, "It's the little things that make life BIG" - kinda goes with the "BIG" pot and flowers...which reminds me, today was 70 degrees here--FINALLY! And the flowers are starting to bloom! ☺ Unfortunately my allergy meds are not able to keep up! But it's prolly not from the outside environment... I was Spring cleaning today and lots of dusting *cough, cough* Yuck!

I've got 5 extra people coming over this Sunday for Easter dinner, so I went a little crazy and moved all my livingroom furniture around--ya know, trying to make more room! And btw...I'm one of those "Ta Da!" people, LOL...meaning that I like to get it all done before my husband comes home so he'll be so proud and ya know, *eh hum* cook dinner etc. SO, I ended up moving the piano (by myself), and stacking the t.v. stand on top of a bookshelf and I managed (with my girls' help) to get the t.v. on the top and now it's "hiding" (but not really) behind one of the couches. Do you feel sorry for me yet?!! LOL. I know you're asking...and yes! I'm sore tonight, and can't imagine what tomorrow will feel like. So I best get to bed...it's already 10 p.m. (oh ya, and in case you're wondering...yes, my hubby DID cook dinner--he BBQ'ed teriyaki chicken, YUMMO!!

Anyway, here's a larger picture of the pull out tag:
Hope you find time to Ink Something!

20 comments:

Terri said...

OMGosh!! That is tooo cute!! I love it! Great job....and thanks for visiting my blog! It was nice to have you there! Terri

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is super cute Kristine, I LOVE it. I'm amazed you had any energy left for stamping!! You are a superwoman - me, I wait for hubby to get home and "supervise" LOL

Riet said...

ohh wowww Kristine,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and flowers.

hugs Riet.x

Pat said...

Ooooohh this is so adorable! i love the colours and the flowers.
Great work!
Pat xx

Scrapmumur said...

OH...Wonderful creation...I love it!!!
Great colours.
Hugs, Mumur

Sparkle said...

This is just darling! I love the pot and the lovely flowers.

Diane said...

Simply adorable!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!
As if you moved a PIANO!!! Watch your back girl,when you get old like me,you'll be acking if you hurt something!!!

Danni said...

Totally cute!

*Vicki* said...

Now this is so amazingly CUTE and so clever!! I Just LOVE your flower pot design here!! Adorable!! :) TFS!

Chris (catt871) said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!! I'm off to find the tutorial!!!!! You are a super woman......wanna come clean my house next??? LOL

Michele said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! I do the same thing, get 'er done before hubby comes home....but then my back pays for it later! : )

Lorie said...

Ack! This is completely adorable! My goodness girl...I keep saying it but can I color like you when I grow up? PLEASE?

Lorie said...

Oh, and I'm not a move around the furniture kind of gal. I've only moved the living room furniture once in 5 years...boring aren't I? Sometimes room size, shape, and furniture just dictate it stay in one place.

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love this shape and the detail is beautiful :)

xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a super cute card, Kristine! Not only is the image colored perfectly, but I love the way you decorated all flowers and the pot.

Say, when you're in the neighborhood, would you mind stopping by and helping me clean my house? *giggle* I'm wimping out and we're going out for brunch with friends after church on Sunday. LOL

Hugs,
Lisa

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

hi Kristine, hope you are well, finally got computer sorted :) :) loving this adorable card :) ♥

Cheryl Walker said...

Toooo toooo cute!!!! How funny I almost used her on one of my flower pots...lol

I love the way you used the colors on this!! :) Awesome job on the challenge hun :)

Have a wonderful night!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow this is ONE BEAUTIFUL flower pot card. I love how you have Tilda sitting in there between the flowers. :) Great job! Kel

Btw, I came here to congratulate you on making the first round of Inky Impressions. I have already talked to Nicole about adding them to the store. Just waiting on some final details to go through in the manufacturing process I believe. :) Eeee, excited for us all!!

Moni said...

Beautiful project! Love those flowers and fab Tilda! Hugs, moni

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable and so creative, Kristine!! I love it!!