Thursday, April 16, 2009

Round 2 - Inky Impressions DT Call

Aaack!! I received my image and sketch in the mail last week from the very talented Nicole of Inky Impressions and although I knew they were gonna be cute, I was totally [blown away] delighted at the super sweet image she sent us!! I made 2 cards with the image and sketch we were to follow, so here's my first one:
The blue card base is scored on the left side--my ribbon covers the straight fold line ; P

I added some pink clear puffy hearts in varrying sizes to my cocoa satin ribbon--it just needed something there and I didn't even realize they go perfectly with the pink hearts dp until I posted it, lol!! I added a couple of paper doilies and used my oval scallop Nesties, as well as stickles and gellyroll pens (guess the lighting didn't pick that up?) Here's a close up:
And here's my second card -- different color scheme.
I cut out one of the big ladybugs from scraps and pop dotted it over another one. Then I added pink stickles to all her spots. The image on both cards are colored with watercolor pencils and an aqua painter. Some markers were used for the tiny spots. This 2nd card has lots of glitter on it, from her shirt to paint can, to her headband flower and all the designer paper already had lots of glitter in it as well.
That's about it! Thanks so much for your support, and best wishes to all the rest of you participants!! Thanks, Nicole for this opportunity to try out for your team.
xXx Kristine

18 comments:

Allies Creative Designs said...

Kristine,
Love your cards, and also the image. Wonderful!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

GORGEOUS job with this gorgeous little lady!! Can't make up my mind which one I prefer!!
Good Luck with your efforts to get on the DT - you'd be an asset to anyone!!!
xXx

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

LOve them both, and I think Nicole should definitely PICK YOU!! The second one matches your blog beautifully. I love the bright colors on it, but I also love the Bittersweet papers and coloring in the other one, too. Best of Luck to you!! :) Kel

NoraAnne said...

Great job on the cards! Good luck :) What a cute image! I just watched your watercolor video too and enjoyed the tutorial!

Katy said...

Fab cards!! :)

xx

Riet said...

wowwww Kristine,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Heather P. said...

These are fabulous! It's amazing how changing colors can make the same image look so completely different!

Tonya said...

Beautiful job on both of them girlie!! Best of luck sweetie, you know I have my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully we will both make it and be DT sistas. >:0)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, these are both winners in my book! I love them equally. The egg shaped card is inspired and clever. And, of course, your coloring is perfection!

I'm rooting for you, Kristine. Can't wait to hear you were selected!

Hugs,
Lisa

Diane said...

They are too sweet Kristine!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristine, All I can really say is...OOOOOOOO MY GOODNESS! Your cards are absolutely amazing looking! You totally and completely rocked that sketch! Your cards are so worthy of being in magazines girl! Yah----HOOOO!!! LOL Will be in touch LOL HUGS! Nicole :)

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristine...All I can really say is OOOOOOO MY GOODNESS!!!! You have totally and completely ROCKED THIS SKETCH! WOW! Your work belongs in magazines! You would be an asset to any DT. To have YOU apply for my DT is such an honor for me! (Will be in touch,for sure... did I say that out loud???) LOL BIG HUGS! Nicole :)

Michele said...

Both of these are adorable! Your coloring is awesome! Good luck!

Marcia said...

This is awesome Kris, you have done such a great job. Best of luck with it, they would be mad not to ask you on board.

:) Marcia P

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Both of your cards are adorable!! You are extremely talented and creative and I'm sure Nicole would be lucky and happy to have you!! Good Luck!! You know I'm rooting for you!! ;)

Hugs..

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful cards! The ribbon on the egg card is a perfect accent to such a fun shaped card and I love the color combo on the second card. Good luck with Round 2; your work is definitely top notch!!

Kristen said...

Kristine,
These both came out Fabulous. You amaze me with your coloring and the aqua painter. I can't color with that at all. Rock on girlfriend. I wish you luck. Gorgeous blog, I'm following!

Naoual said...

These are so beautiful Kristine!! I love your colouring and the papers and colours you used are so pretty!!

xx Naoual