Monday, April 20, 2009

May the *Horse* Be With You!!

Just thought I'd share a "funny" with you, at the expense of my 8 year old!! They had an OMSI assembly recently at my daughter's school in which they showed a bunch of science related things. Evidentally they had those Light Sabers like you'd see in Star Wars and her principal jokingly held one up and said, "Let the Force be with you!" Well, my daughter has never seen Star Wars before, and she thought it looked like a sword that a knight riding on a horse would hold. So she came home and laughingly told us all about the funny principal who raised his *sword* and said, "Let the HORSE be with You!!" LOL !!! She actually thought that's what he said. Oh goodness!!! Guess we should go rent the movie? =P
EDITED TO ADD:
Here's one more card I made with LiLi...an image sent to us from Nicole of Inky Impressions for round 2 of her DT call. I don't know why that pink button looks so bright and orangy, but IRL it actually matches the pink paper really well! LOL...guess my lighting didn't hit it right. Anyway, the top strips of green and blue are actually shiny satin ribbon...betcha couldn't tell that either huh? Feel free to click on the picture if you wanna see closer up. I used a white gel pen to add polka-dots to her shirt, and pink stickles to her bracelet and headband. Thanks for droppin in!! ☺

13 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

They are the moments to cherish. I keep promising I'll write them down -and maybe one day I will!!!
Thanx for the happy start to my day - am heading off to work with a smile on my face!!
xXx

Kerry D-C said...

Beautiful card, Kristine! I hate it when the colors come out all funky in the pics! :P
Good luck in round 2! Since I know that you'll breeze through...I look forward to see what you do for round 3!! :)

Lorie said...

Oh, girl...this is completely adorable! :o)

Donelda said...

HI Kristine! I love the details on this card, like the white dots on her shirt and the glitter on her bracelet and headband. Love all the beautiful colors too!!

If you are intersted in swaping crap....oops, I mean scraps with me, feel free to give me an email or send me a Private message through Splitcoaststampers (locate both on my blog) with your address. I will send you my address as well and we can happily swap scraps!! I have enough I bet I could swap with the entire population of the USA!!! heheheh!!

Tonya said...

What a cute story. Kids are the BEST!

What a pretty card. You go girl!! Not that you need it but best of luck to you my dear!! ((hugs))

NoraAnne said...

Another beautiful card! and what a cute story, that's one to remember! Kids are the best :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Edited comment - LOL - LOVE this one Kristine - that DP is delicious and you've matched it soo well with your layout and colours. Don't we all wish our cards could be seen IRL!!!
xXx

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Kristine,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

de said...

So cute... and so funny! Definitely have to write that down and show her first serious boyfriend along with the nek'd baby pics! :-)

de said...

I got so distracted by the cuteness of your story I forgot to say I love your card! The colors are great... bright and cheery! A great Easter/spring card!

Diane said...

That is funny,lol!
Your card is so sweet Kristine!
Love the bright colors and of course your coloring is pretty as ever!

Ila said...

What a Cute story..lol...TFS!!
Your card is Gorgeous!! the image is Super Cute..your coloring and papers are Wonderful!!..I thought at first that the polka dotted shirt was paper pieced!...great job!!...Hugs, Ila

Lisa Hjulberg said...

So when are you going to hear about the DT? Surely she has picked you by now!!!!

Your coloring is super terrific, as always. Love the dots on her shirt... another great idea!

We are HUGE Star Wars fans around here. You definitely should rent the movies... of course the old ones are the best.

Love ya,
Lisa