Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

And why is today "Wonderful Wednesday"? Because I have 2 cards to show today! (and because I had no idea what else to title my post, lol)

This first card I made for Mojo Monday sketch challenge #79. I picked up a new designer paper pad called "The Spring Stack" by DCWV at JoAnne's on sale--180 sheets for only $10!! Great deal, and I'm loving the pretty papers. The stamp set is a little clear set I found in my sister's stash that had to name on it, so...can't help ya there! :) But I used my long rectangle scalloped Nesties for the front and my Top Note die on the inside.

And for my next card, I made this boy card with Hockey Riley, and added clear stickles to the "ice." I don't know about you, but whenever I start with designer paper, I only color with those same colors...so I felt a little confined to this combo which I'm not too happy with. I kept wanting to color him with red or green for some reason, lol!! :P

Well, I hope you have a "Wonderful Wednesday" --

now go Ink Something!!

21 comments:

maddy hill said...

Kristine what wonderful cards ! i just adore the colours on the first one and circles and spots on the hockey riley !

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Kristine - these are beautiful!! The DP on your first card is sensational!! And Hockey Riley is fabulous...
xXx

Marcia said...

You scored with that PPaper pack - great paper! Great cards too.

:) Marcia

Cindy Van Sluys said...

I love the red one best, not too big a fan of Riley...sorry. But I love those Mojo challenges! Great paper too! Cindy

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love both cards and I'm always so happy to see Riley. Super job.

Lorie said...

I love your flower card! The paper is beautiful! And, Riley...he's always cute!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, I love them both! The flower card has such wonderful colors and the Riley card is perfect! I've used that pp a lot recently!

Tonya said...

Kristine, Great cards. I am really loving the first one. The colors are FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing girlie! >:0)

Julia Aston said...

Love the pretty colors on your first card and the great green gingham ribbon - and the hockey Riley is so fun for a guy card! great design on it - like hockey pucks!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

These are adorable! I love how you did the inside of the top one, too. I rarely ever do anything on the inside. I'm lazy that way.

Seleise said...

love these cards! the colors and papers are fab!

Diane said...

I'm lovin' that paper! Sure got a great deal on it!!1
Both cards are wonderful as always Kristine!!!

Heather P. said...

Hockey Riley is super adorable, and that first card is just fabulous! Love the bold color and that gorgeous paper. :)

Kerry D-C said...

WONDERFUL cards! love the new papers! And I always love a deal!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

They are both fabulous Kristine, Love the gorgeous colours and paper of the first and just love Riley, love the circle design, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oooh, I love the DP you used on them both, and that flower stamp is really adorable. Of course so is Riley. Cute, cute! Hugs, Kel :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh these are great cards!

Moni said...

Both cards are gorgeous! hugs, Moni

*Vicki* said...

Just love the colors on your card!! So pretty!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your Mojo card is so pretty, and your hockey Riley is so cute!! Great cards, girl!!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful flower card!....and how cute...Riley is always a winner!