Monday, March 16, 2009

Riley's at the Fishing Hole

One thing's for sure...Riley sure knows how to enjoy the really important things in life--fishing! Or, at least that's what my husband would think is important, and the poor guy doesn't get to do it often enough!! He's been soo busy at work (he's a shop foreman--in charge of all his company's farm mechanics/trucks/etc.) and he works M-F and lately every Saturday too! I think he definately deserves a day off, don't you?

I got my first couple Riley stamps in the mail this week and this was the first card made with them. I used this Park/Pond scene (by Alota Rubber Stamps) before with Iceskating Sophia, but I think it works as a summery scene as well! Just added some "grass" instead of snow, and made a warmer looking scene. The sentiment is from an old SU! set. I feel my trees definately need some work. Oringinally my big tree blended in with my grass, so I added some darker green with a marker and I think I messed it up?? Oh well... I think Riley is the main focus here, and the saying really pops with that added white highlight.

The card base is Hunter Green and the next layer is Really Rust (on my 'puter they look like black & red) and once again, the whole card is watercolored using my cheapy wc pencils and an aqua painter except for sponging the sky and outlining the big tree with a marker.

So, what are YOU inking?

16 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Noooooooooooo - please don't introduce me to more gorgeous stamps - LOL. Wonder how long I can hold off?!?!?!?!
Gorgeous card BTW - LOL

Debbie Pamment said...

PS - Love how you did the tree!!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Awwww..........too many cute Rileys that I can't keep up!!! LOL I love the scene!!

Marcia said...

Gorgeous Kris, coloured so beautifully.

:) Marcia

Kerry D-C said...

Waaaaaaaaaay Cute!! love the whole scene! fabtastic!

Diane said...

Oh, you did a fantastic job of coloring the entire scene, including the trees! Love the warmth of it all. Fantastic trick on the sentiment...love that highlighting with the white gel pen. Great idea! Adorable card!

Jacilynn said...

How cute. What a great job coloring!

Sparkle said...

This is darling! I love your HM card too! I wish I could just relax out on the lake.

Donna said...

this is SO cute! great job-maybe you need to frame this & your DH can put up in his office as a reminder of when he can relax & what he'd like to do!

Helene said...

Very cute card!

Heather P. said...

Too stinkin' CUTE! Fabulous coloring... as always! :)

Seleise said...

too cute! love the coloring!!!

Lorie said...

Oh my gosh girl! This is wonderful! I wish I could do scenes like that!

Rose Ann said...

This is darling, and your coloring looks perfect!! I bet your DH really loves it as well!!

*Vicki* said...

What amazing scenery Kristine!! Just love this cute little Riley!! TFS!

Chris (catt871) said...

OMG....LOVE IT!!! I am a fishing widow - my DH goes almost EVERY weekend - 4 seasons/year!!!! He loves it! And I love your card!!!