Monday, March 23, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Hi there...I'm back! Sorry I've been MIA these last few days, but it's Spring Break here and I took my girls and went to visit my sister and we're still here. Today is the first time I've been able to upload any cards here....but good news!! We've been stamping up a storm, so I should have plenty to show you the rest of this week :)

This card is made with the new C.C.Designs set called "Spring Things" --available to KLSNS! I stamped the girl and duck first, then masked them and stamped the puddle. Then I masked that and stamped the fence/grass. Here's a close up picture--you can see the Crystal Effects on her boots, the puddle and ducks feet/bill as well as the "fruit punch" stickles on all the hearts.

I found some cute umbrella buttons in my sister's stash, so I cut the ring off the back and glued it onto the sentiment...then added clear stickles to it. Not sure how this is looking on your computer, but since I'm on a laptop the colors look different. I even used the same photo editing software, but I'm just not use to this thing, lol.

Anyway, we've been having a blast here. Yesterday we (sister, niece, my 2 girls and I) all went to the mall, which was a big deal because it's HUGE compared to the little ones we're used to. My girls had never been on an escalator before, so they were excited about that (they're 8 and 10). My 8 yr old finally got her ears pierced, and my niece, sister and I all got a single piercing up high in one ear. My 10 yr. old didn't want to have anything to do with that! She said we were all "trying to be teenagers" LOL.

So, I'll have another cute card for tomorrow! Thank you to all my followers and friends out there that stick with me even if I don't post for a few days. See ya tomorrow :)

17 comments:

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Aren't Spring Breaks the best? Hope you had a great time! This card is just simply adorable!!!!! I love the image to start with and the fact that you used the crystal effects to highlight the gloss of her boots. Too sweet! Cindy

Heather P. said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time! :)

What an adorable card! Love the fun colors. :)

Abra Leah Cross said...

How fun! That card is ADORABLE!!!

You are just too wild, mama! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is totally adorable, and your coloring looks wonderful!! Love the look with the CE too!!

Fun times, Kristine...and that picture is precious!! Hope the rest of your visit is just at awesome!!

Pat said...

Very cute card, i love the colours!

Stressed Stamper said...

Great bright card...love the images will check them out

Sarah

MJ said...

What an adorable little scene you created here. Love it!

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the images and the beautiful colouring. Michele x

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable,love the scene you created,and all the bright colors!!!

Have a wonderful Spring Break!!!
Sure sounds like you girlzzz are having a blast!

*Vicki* said...

What an adorable card!! I love it!! Hope your Spring break is awesome!! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love, love, love this card! So cute... and your detail work is fantastic! I'm glad you've had such a great time with your sister. I miss my sisters, too. I always wished we lived closer together.

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love, love, love this card! So cute... and your detail work is fantastic! I'm glad you've had such a great time with your sister. I miss my sisters, too. I always wished we lived closer together.

Hugs,
Lisa

Tonya said...

Oh I love this! So bold and cheerful looking and I love umbrellas and rain images. Fabulous job.

Congrats on making it to stage two of the Inky Impressions DT call. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! >:0)

Seleise said...

fabulous card with super cute colors! and love the pic of the girls! how fun!

Kerry D-C said...

I commented on the KLSNS blog...but wanted to make sure you know HOW STINKIN' CUTE I think this is! Supah fun!

Shirley said...

How adorable and I really like the creative way you mounted your words too!

Shirley said...

How very very cute and love the photo too! Love all of the colors and the way you did yourm embellishments too!