Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inky Impressions Freebie

Happy Thursday!! I'm so excited to show you this project today ☺ First of all, I don't want to "jump the gun" but I'm so thrilled that I made it past the first round of the Inky Impressions DT call! There were 122 applicants and now 26 will go on to round 2. I'm glad it wasn't me that had to pick because there so many amazing entries!! (Good Luck, ladies!!)

But whether you applied or not, Nicole is giving everyone a freebie!! This super cute little fairy is one they decided not to add to the line, and so it's yours for the printing, lol. Just jot on over to Inky Impressions Blog to print yours out!
So, I decided to make her into this cute little box...okay, actually it's more like a tote.
I saw this on Lorie's blog yesterday and thought I'd give it a try! For the box, I cut a piece of 5 3/4" x 7 3/4" and then scored at 2" on all sides. Then, just cut both scores up to the line on just 2 sides. Then you can fold up and tape the ends. Then I punched out the front and back pieces with my SU! Top Note die (my new favorite toy!) I also used my Labels 1 Nesties to cut out the stamped image.

The only problem, which at the time seemed to be quite the challenge, was that with my limited supplies, (I always use w.c. pencils and watercolor my images) and with printer ink, the image was smearing, but I think I was able to rescue it by covering it up with colored stickles and then for an added texture, I added some of that Flower Soft that's so "in" right now. Love that stuff!! I did use my SU! markers on the leaves and her hair. Here's a side view:
Would be perfect for some 3x3" note cards, a small gift or a bag of candy--ooo, maybe some Easter candies...or for a birthday gift etc! So, whaddaya think? ☺

20 comments:

Moni said...

Beautiful box, gorgeous image! Hugs, Moni

Crystal said...

Great job with limited supplies...
I too, was having the same problem. So, I went to color pencils (Koh-l-noor woodless pencils) , odorless mineral spirits and a paper stump. They are not that expensive and the ink doesnt run on digital images. I used my 40% odd coupon several days in a row to get all the supplies mentioned above. LOL They blend just like watercolor pencils...check it out, its super easy. Great blog and congrats on winning....maybe I can be on team next year!!!

Crystal said...

http://stamptv.ning.com/video/coloring-with-colored-pencils

Try this video tutorial....its very helpful.. I would love to do a video, but I don't have a video camera.... Maybe I will do a picture tutorial one day. Thanks for asking. It is WAY cheaper than copics and they dont dry out...LOL

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Congrats on first round, that is exciting to be sure!! I have not ventured into digital yet, maybe someday! Cute tote!!

Cindy

Chris (catt871) said...

THIS is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on making it to the 2nd round....good luck!!!!!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun and adorable, awesome job.

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Hi Kristine, WOWZERS!!! Once again you have wowed me with one of your pieces of work. You are so talented Kristine. It is my honor to have you go onto the second round! HUGE HUGS! Nicole :)

Lorie said...

This is adorable! Great job! Good luck with your DT mission! :o)

Sparkle said...

This is darling! I love the colors and awesome coloring.

Jessica G. said...

Such a sweet fairy image -- I will definitely go print out a few. And what a fun idea to use it to create a tote! Good luck with the next round of the DT call; you would make a wonderful addition to their team!

Heather P. said...

I think it's totally adorable!!

Congrats on making it to the next round! :)

Michele said...

Congrats on making through the first round!!! I love this little "tote box!" Super cute!

jonaks said...

its a cute box!

Sprytebyrd said...

I love love love this! so cute and great colors!

Trina said...

Looks awesome Kristine!! What a great idea! Love the image and the colors and the little flowers and ribbon! I might have to try that one sometime too!!

UKMUMINUS said...

Congratulations.Love the little tote box, very cute.

*Vicki* said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! Love this darling tote box!! So cute Kristine!! :) TFS!

Rose Ann said...

Your tote is fantastic...and so cute too!! Congratulations on making the first round, and best of luck in making the final cut!! You are so talented, and I wish you the BEST!!

Shirley said...

What a wonderful creative way to give a gift~ Beautiful!

Susie Sugar said...

Super project great for mini eggs at Easter , would look great on my desk full of eggs but I fear any chocolate eggs would not last long with me around or my children !! lol
Hugs Susie xx