Sunday, March 01, 2009

♫ I Can See Clearly Now ♫...

...the rain is gone ♫ (Bob Marley song, Lol).
(click to enlarge pictures)


Thought the title was fitting since this card is made with a clear overlay (and I'm wishing it wasn't raining today--for real!) This stamp set is one of the new releases from Queen Kat Designs, and will be available for purchase on March 4th! This pretty marigold is just one of 3 flowers in the set, and there's another sentiment as well. I'll give you a couple more sneak peeks this week using the other flowers.

For this card, I followed one of sketches created by Queen Kat! And, by the way, you can find lots of her sketches in the QKD Gallery!

I used a transparency, cut exactly like you would for a regular 4.25x5.5 in. card, scored in the middle and taped my stamped piece to the inside back. I followed Nicole's instructions for creating the ribbon-wrapped piece in the middle of the card. It folds on the right edge of card and is taped to the backside of the card front to hide all the tape.
For the "stamped image" part, I stamped my marigold inside, but made a frame on the outside of transparency and then restamped just the top of flower, cut out and mounted to the front of frame. You can pretty much see for yourself how everything is done...better than I can explain it, lol. All flowers are highlighted with a stardust gellyroll pen.
Queen Kat Designs invites you all to join us for "pre-release" party over on SNR New Card Universe this Tuesday, and then the big release day is Wednesday the 4th at the QKD Message Board!! We'd love to have you join us for the fun challenges, games, prizes, release peeks and more!!

9 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Fabulous colours and design Kristine, I love how you have used the transparency, Hope your having a great Sunday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sprytebyrd said...

This is beautiful! I love the transparency, such a clever idea!

Debbie Pamment said...

Stunning card - love the colours and the overlay! And those flowers are great too - waht the heck - LOVE it all - LOL

*Vicki* said...

Brilliant design!! What a fun creation and what a fun song to sing with it!! Good thing I have my radio on or I'd be singing it too!! TEEHEE!! TFS!

Diane said...

Super nice Kristine!!!

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

Rose Ann said...

This is very pretty, and I love your transparent overlay!! Your flowers are wonderful, and colored so nicely!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Great colors, beautiful with the clear overlay, and I love the song/title you used as well!! :) Kel

Marcia said...

Beautiful card Kris, I love how you have worked the sketch.

:) Marcia