Monday, March 09, 2009

I'm Back with a Card & a Video

Hi everyone! We had a fabulous little mini vacation--short, but fun. I'll have pictures posted at my Family blog soon in case you'd like to see/read what we did. :)


So, now that I'm back, I read my emails and noticed several of you asked how I color my images, so I thought I'd humor you and make a little (amateur) video for ya! My camera really makes things look washed out, but the colors really are bolder IRL, as you can see in the photos above. Also, I apologize for the weird lighting...it kinda fades in and out during this video.

NOTE: I tried uploading this directly using Blogger video as well as Facebook, but it wasn't playing right, so I'm resorting to using YouTube. PLEASE DO NOT click on the links/thumbnails at the end of this video as I have NO control over what YT puts there! Thanks!!

Thanks for watching!! I'd love to know what you all use to color your images!

For this card, I used this week's sketch challenge #218. I also added stardust glitter pens to the flowers in her basket, but that's so hard to see in this photo and I can't remember if I got that part on video. I tried to keep my hands/fingers out of the video as much as possible cause I don't have nice purdy manicured nails--I'm a secretary and it really bugs me to hear my nails clanging against the keys! lol! Have a super stampy week... now go Ink Something!!

17 comments:

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, hope you had a fab vacation

xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Kristine! Long time no talk to! LOL I've been super busy lately, and I'm having stamping withdrawal symptoms. LOL

I love your card and your video... although I'm not sure you know, but it stops and changes to something else and then something else. I'm not 'splaining that very well, am I? It's like you were filming your video and started over three times and bits of each one ended up all together. But the important thing is that you can get it all by moving the cursor ahead a bit when the screen turns blue.

I love your new blog look at your picture, by the way. Nice!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card!! Really love your colors and pretty sparkle!! :)

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh she is real gorgeous Kristine and it was great to watch your video and hear your voice. Hugs, Nikki x

Dani said...

Super cute card and great video! I can never get good color when I watercolor. But you make it look so easy! :)

Debbie Pamment said...

This card is a real beauty - stunning colours and super cute image! Thanx for the video too - your now a TV star - LOL..
xXx

Denise said...

Very pretty card! Great tutorial, thanks.

Seleise said...

the card is ADORABLE!!! and the video tutorial is great! Thanks for sharing your fabulous tips!

Heather P. said...

Such a super ADORABLE card! Great video, too... You have such a cute voice! :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Great video! Very useful, thank you!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is adorable, Kristine...and you always do such a wonderful job with your coloring!! It was nice to see you in action!! Thanks for sharing!!

Steph said...

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Sparkle said...

Glad you had a great trip. Your card is just darling. I need to color more with my pencils.

Melissa said...

Awesome, awesome awesome awesome awesome! You did a great job on the video and now I need to locate my watercolor pencils!

Many Blessings,
M.

Diane said...

Fabulous video Kristine! I'm going to try and practice with the crayons.You make it look so easy!
I use SU markers and it's not 1/4 as nice as your coloring.
Love your card as always Krisitne!

Susie Sugar said...

Beautiful card , great video, thianks for sharing
Love Susie xx

theneon said...

I'm so glad that you took the time to make your watercolor video. There is certainly nothing to apologize for (lighting, etc) -- you did a great job and have inspired me to once again, try watercolor pencils using your demonstration. Love the resulting card and all the others on your blog. Thanks for sharing. Martha Kay