Friday, March 27, 2009

I've Always Wanted to Quilt ☺

Stamps: Gingersnaps "Spring Things" (C.C.Designs)
Designer papers: SU!


I think it's officially Spring here in the high desert . There was a digital sign in town that said, "It's warm...it's cold...it's snowing...it's sunny...it's raining...it's SPRING!" So true! Last evening it was lightly snow/raining and today it's sunny and ...okay, only 50 degrees, but better than it has been!



These cute little Gingersnaps are so much fun This time I patched a "faux quilt"--just punched out squares of dp with my 1 1/4" square punch, taped them down to a piece of white c.s. and ran it through my cuttlebug with the Top Note die. Then I added the "x"s for stitching, and popped the whole piece up with dimensional tape on my Spring green layer. She is also popped up with pop dots.



So it's Friday...which brings mixed feelings because I normally would be jumping for joy, but in this case it means the end of our Spring Break *sigh*. I've taken off work the whole week, so even though I like my job, it was so nice to take a whole week at a time off. I don't think I've ever done that. The girls want to have a slumber party with 3 friends over and I guess I told them a couple weeks ago that maybe during Spring Break. SO, here it is. House is a mess. So I told them they have to clean their bathroom, and then they have the choice between cleaning the livingroom or washing the car. They opted for the car! LOL. SUCKERS!!! Ok, now I guess I need to get off here so I can go clean up the livingroom. :( The next week-long break I have I'd like to veg out and not clean...do you think my family would go for that? lol. Ya, didn't think so either!



Have a super weekend!!

11 comments:

pinky said...

Beautiful card, it really does look like its been quilted, well done. Cute image. The problem with doing no housework is it just mounts up and waits on us! lol
Pinky

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Now this is my kind of quilting!! :) What a gorgeous card!! The colors are so pretty!! TFS!

Rose Ann said...

Your quilted background is so pretty, and that image is too cute!! Love your card, Kristine!!

Helen said...

I love the quilted look! Thanks for sharing with us how to make it. If I ever get some crafting time again, I'm going to try it! This card is too adorable!

Shirley said...

So beautiful and adorable at the same time. Love her!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh so cute, Kristine! I love quilting, too. I need to retire so I have time for all my hobbies!

I'm so excited that you made the cut to Round 2 for Inky Impressions. Way to go! I'm pulling for you!

Big hugs and smiles,
Lisa

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet quilt and darling girl.

Heather P. said...

Totally precious card! Love it, Kristine. :)

LOL, I can't believe your kids opted for washing the car... That's way more work! :)

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness girl...this is so completely adorable!

Sue from Oregon said...

Fun card...I love that little swing!

Susie Sugar said...

I just love this cute image and the colours are perfect
xx