Saturday, March 28, 2009

How Would You Like to Win This?

It's a full set of Julius fonts from Spellbinders! It is retired now, but it sold for $159.99, and it could be yours!! Just go over to the KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' blog to read all about it and enter! ☺

And now I have another card to share. My sister and I started out with this cool faux quilting technique and then couldn't decide what to put on it, lol. I thought with the patterns we used that had flowers and butterflies, that a birdhouse would go fine. I ♥ the saying that comes in this C.C.Designs set that says "Have a Birdi-ful day" (from Olivia's Birdies set)... Cute, huh? But I couldn't fit it on the front so I'll add it to the inside.
So, my girls ended their Spring Break with a slumber party last night. 5 girls, ages 8-10-- it was a breeze! The weather was actually pretty nice so they played outside half the day. Then they came in and made this huge fort in my livingroom to watch movies and sleep under. I went out there at 12:00 to tell them to shut the t.v. off and get to sleep. Then about 3 a.m. my 8 yr old came in my room crying because so-and-so was on HER side and hogged all the blankets and she was cold. So she hopped in bed with us and that was the end for me. Glad they had fun. Now I want them all to go home so I can sleep!!

Have a Birdi-ful Saturday!! ☺

8 comments:

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE this sweet card, Kristine!! Love your quilted background and super sweet images!!

*Vicki* said...

AWWW! Kristine, your creation is so sweet!! I love the quilt block idea as well as your popped up images over top of it!! :) TFS!!

Sparkle said...

Your card is lovely! Hope you get in a nap. :)

Shirley said...

First, thanks Kristine for reminding me about the Australia Red Cross donation. I've volunteered for the Red Cross and know they do make a difference. Second, You crd is just so wonderful and pretty. I am going to have to find that DP....and the birds are beautiful in their little house! How cute and fun!!....third, brave lady, glad the girls survived. LOL ;-)

Janine said...

Very pretty card!!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is just GORGEOUS!!

Diane said...

Super cute Kristine!
It's the best place to sleep,between mom and dad,I remember doing that when I was a kid...ahhhhh!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Such a cute quilted background!

Oh, the memories of sleepovers (that's what we called them because my kids are boys). There is absolutely no sleep involved! LOL