Monday, February 09, 2009

Tilda Card & Nesties Storage

Happy Monday!! =)
Just a simple card I made using Tilda with Envelope and the Heart Blocks cuttlebug folder. I'm loving these colors together, although they look a little off in this photo. I added crystal effects to her ribbon around her waist and everything else is pretty self-explanatory...very simple card.
I'm very excited about the new Magnolia stamps in the store (there's a picture of some new items over on the DT blog). I'm especially excited about the stamp with Puppy and the swing so my sitting Tilda's have another place to sit :) There's also some new Basic Grey paper pads (6x6) so be sure to check those out as well! Kelly's thinking of ordering from another company in March, so I can't to see what's "in store" ;) Pun intended! LOL.
-------
While we were in town last weekend, we stopped in Michaels and I bought these Magnetic sheets (8.5x11) to store my Nestability dies in. I punched holes in them so I could store in a binder. I actually have a different binder in mind that has lips all around it so if by chance they do fall off the sheets, they won't get lost! But, alas my dd took the piece out of it that has the 3 rings so I had to "borrow" this one.
I love this idea for Nesties storage because I can easily rearrange them. I've also seen where you can buy cd cases and put magnetic strips in them to hold the dies. I didn't price those out, but this seemed like it would work better (?) although one sheet isn't really strong enough I found out. I have to put two together to get them to hold well, so not really sure which is the better buy, money-wise? I bought 2 boxes of (3) each.

In case you're reading this by Feedblitz email, just wanna remind you enter my Birthday blog candy, if you haven't already!! There's 2 stamp sets up for grabs, one super CUTE and the other very elegant and beautiful, along with BG papers, ribbon, and stamped Magnolia images - Come check it out :)
So, lots of sweetness going on this week with Valentine's being so close. Do you have special plans? If you are one who's not "attached" I hope you make plans to go out with some girlfriends and have fun!! Wishing everyone a very *sweet* Valentines!! ♥

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Great storage, and i love your colors, not off at all. So pretty.

Diane said...

Your Tilda card is sweeeet!!!!
That is one wonderful idea for Nesties,even though I don't own any YET!!!! I will keep that idea in mind.
Maybe next Christmas,if I'm a good girl,lol!

Rose Ann said...

Your Tilda is so pretty, Kristine...and I think those colors are very pretty together! I love the lacy edging and cute charm!!

Stressed Stamper said...

love the card and your punched out edge...need some magnetic strips for my nestabilities...great idea

Sarah

Lorie said...

As always...a super cute card! I love that storage idea...nice!

ribenaruby said...

Fabulous creation, love tilda and how this has been made, thanks for sharing ideas and tips.

Katy said...

Cute card Kristine love the bright colours

xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely Kristine, I love the borders. Beautiful. Kim

Dani said...

Such a precious card! I love the charm, it's a perfect accent!

Heather P. said...

What a super sweet card!! :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

What a sweet Tilda card!! She looks so adorable "sitting" in the oval frame!!! Very cool Nestie storage.....I just put mine into older CD cases with magnets.

Marcia said...

Sweet card Kris. My nesties are stored on hook rings and hang on my door handle. Works for me.

:) Marcia

Heather x said...

Beautiful card Kristine, love your colouring :0)
I only have 1 set of oval nesties at the moment so they are safetly stored in a cd case, although I do tend to lose them amongst my many cd cases of stamps lol
**Hugs** Heather x