Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sister Challenge #3

Wow you guys are QUICK! lol - I just posted my card real quick and had to leave to go pick up my girls from school and then I was going to come back and fill in all the deets, and there are already 6 comments! (not that I'm complaining) - Thanks!! :)

But I have someone I want you to meet... this is Denise (Carly named this calf). There are a few other "toddlers" as I call them, ;) but they were too far away to photograph right now. My girls love to name all the cows and keep track of their numbers on the tags. This one is #19 and belongs to #45 (Eliza). Don't ask me where they come up with these names, LOL. OK, back to my card:
This is another "Sister Challenge" and we decided to use today's SCS Color Challenge: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, and Perfect Plum; along with Sketch Saturdays challenge #37. I decided to try to make more of my square cards at 4.25" so they don't cost quite so much to mail. It's getting a little ridiculous charging extra if there's a little bump, and extra if it's square, extra if it doesn't fit through his little card template thingy, extra for out of country, etc. Although, I even with extra postage it's STILL cheaper than buying a card at the store, and it's homemade, so it's worth it, right?!!
Although my Sophia was a little big for my final circle, when I have a stamp in mind to use, not even a sketch challenge will stop me! LOL. I think she's pretty cute sticking out of the circle anyways? OH, so here's what my sister came up with.

So tell me, what are you inkin'?

24 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Great card..as always. good job.

Donna said...

sweet card! I think I'm taking a few days off from stamping, I need a mini break-read more. I stamped a cupcake real quick last night though!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super sweet, that's what i think. Toooo cute.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh so cute Kristine and love the adorable image, The colour scheme and layout is gorgeous, Hugs, Nikki x

Tonya said...

This is SO caute!! The sentiment is adorable and the image is so beautiful! I don't have any "people" stamps.....I need to remedy that! >:0)

I haven't stamp today....I need to get busy! Think I might ink up some flowers for a gratitude card.

Thanks for sharing!

Tonya

christie said...

Very Prettie Kristine! I love the colors and your coloring!

Tracey said...

A very pretty card Kristine! Love the colours!

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful card, Kristine! Love your coloring!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Great sketch, beautiful colors, and I wouldn't have conformed to "no stinkin' circle either" (said in my best Gangsta voice). LOL :) Kel

Rose Ann said...

Love this layout, colors, and cute image!! Love the sparkle too!! Great card!!

I haven't been inkin' anything. The whole family and myself are in recovery from the flu.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

What a gorgeous Sophia card!!! I love the sparkle!! Gotta love when kiddos name the animals!!! LOL

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Kristine! I love that photo so cute :)

xx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers also. I love the photo of the calf. She is beaooootiful,lol. Michele x

Jo said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the special sentiment.
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at SS!!

Jo xx

Sharon said...

I went shopping to at our LSS, so didn't create anything, although tonight I might!
Your skater girl image is sweet, and I love the colours.
Sharon

Julie Masse said...

Totally adorable card Kristine!! I love the glitter! :)

Heather P. said...

Aww, what a sweet little calf! :)

Your card is fab, btw. :)

Seleise said...

super cute card - and cute calf too. :)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Commenting down here so I don't mess up your counter up there! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday, dear Kristine!!!! Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you have a TERRIFIC day. :) Kelly

*Vicki* said...

What a very sweet card!! Love your image and I hope you have a great day!! :)

Dani said...

Seriously adorable! Awesome job!

Jessica G. said...

Adorable card and cute calf, too! My girls would want to name them all, too. As far as the card -- I really like the 'out of the box' image and the touch of sparkle, too.

COCO said...

Oh cute card! Love the colours and the image.
thanks for joining us to s.S
hugs coco

Karin said...

Cute card kristine.
Love the lay-out, beautifull coloured papers and sweet image.

xoxo karin