Monday, February 02, 2009

Sister Challenge #2

Ok, sorry {Kathy} this took me so long to post, or to even get this made ; P ... it wasn't the easiest sketch for me! Some come so easily, but I had to really think this one through. My sister Kathy and I chose sketch #3 from SCS's list of sketches. You can see hers HERE. She has a very interesting take on this sketch, and I ♥ it!!

I used Olivia's Birdies (for the 2nd time this week--woohoo!) :) It's a C.C.Designs set. I also used the long scalloped rectangle nesties, and highlighted the birds with a clear stardust gellyroll pen. Sorry my lighting is so bad on this card, night-time pictures do not come out well, but I couldn't wait til tomorrow to post this. Oh, don't forget Kelly's Blog Candy over at KL Stampin N Scrappin Blog, and tell her I sent ya! You have until Feb. 7th to enter!

On a personal note:
My youngest daughter (8) had her first cheerleading clinic today...it's 3 days of training, and then they get to perform at half-time during the basketball game on Friday night. It went really well! She was the only one who could do the splits both ways! Even the high schoolers were freaking out cause she could do them so easily--so that made her feel good. I'll have to get video and show you the half-time dance.

Have a great week...now go Ink Something!

8 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ooh, this is beautiful! I love the colors, and what a unique sketch. I can see why it took you a little while. The big yellow bow looks perfect! :) Kel

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ooh, this is beautiful! I love the colors, and what a unique sketch. I can see why it took you a little while. The big yellow bow looks perfect! :) Kel

Rose Ann said...

That looks like a tough sketch, and you made such a cute card with it!! Awesome news about your little cheerleader too!! ;)

Debbie Pamment said...

This is beautiful - well worth the effort! And tell you're daughter my eyes are still watering at the thought of doing the splits at all - let alone BOTH ways!!! LOL

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is stunning Kristine and I just adore this set and wow.. that beautiful big bow! Yes.. do post up the video.. the girls and I would love to see her dance. Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

Adorable Kristine!! That is a tough challenge,for me anyways!
So cool about your daughter,tell her congrats on my behalf!!!

Kathy Winter said...

Hello Kris... the card looks great love it! Tell Maddy congrats for me and am looking forward to seeing the video.

Heather P. said...

What a sweet card! :)