Thursday, January 08, 2009

Shiny Silvery Salmon...

now say that title 5 times fast! lol.

INSIDE: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. Happy Birthday!"

Here's the card I made for Tina's Grandfather (courtesy of Nikki's blog post HERE). He likes fishing etc. so my choices were between this fish, or my Thomas Kinkade® fishing stamp, which... when I thought about his age--he's turning 88--he might not be able to see the detail in that stamp (although it's one of my faves!). So, I went with this SU! set. Then I thought to make it SHINY and TEXTURED.

Here's what I did: I taped a piece of aluminum foil onto my black c.s. and ran it through the cuttlebug with the Tiny Bubbles folder. The fish are embossed in silver. It's hard to see, but I mounted the sentiment onto Not Quite Navy c.s. and the card base is also NQN. It's simple, but it stands out. What do ya think? I know my grandpa would've liked it if he were still here. Hope your grandpa is flooded with happy mail, Tina!! BIG HUGS!!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}

10 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aluminum foil taped to your cs -- now that is SMART! I love the idea of using things we have around the house to create a WOW card, too. I am sure he will greatly appreciate it! :) Kel

Rose Ann said...

What a cool effect with the foil, Kristine!! Great masculine card!!

Kerry D-C said...

wowzers!! this is REALLY cool!! Love the look of the foil!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh Wow Kristine.. your card is fabulous and I just love the bubble background and the embossed fish are just perfect.. so cool. Great to add all the little dew drops too. Thank you so much for doing this sweetie and all these gorgeous cards sure are going to make his day. Your the best!

Big Hugs, Nikki x

Deb said...

fabulous card Kristine and I just love the sentiment inside!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Beautiful technique with the foil!!! It is really such a perfect bg for the embossed fish!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is incredible!!!! I love how the texture resembles fish scales! You are so clever!!!! I also love the eyelet air bubbles. Such an awesome card!!!! I know Tina's grandfather is going to adore it:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Very cool foil looking card! Fabulous job!

Scrapping Donna said...

This is really cool! I love it!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Kristine what a great masculine card. I love the embossing on the foil its very effective, what a great idea! hugs Linda x