Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pinkalicious

I don't know...do ya think I got enough pink on this card? (lol) I got my new Basic Grey "Bittersweet" paper packs yesterday. I'm sending a couple of pads to my sister along with some stamped Magnolia images, so this card is for her. I machine stitched the edges in chocolate brown...don't look too close! I had to actually stitch the heart 3x. Thank goodness for my "seam ripper"! I used this sketch challenge from Taylor's Cupcake Anniversary challenge.

Ya know, I just found a heart doily I made a couple years ago and I'm thinking...people actually crochet flowers to sell in card making...why don't I make some? SO... I think I'll try that. Although, most patterns I have are for doilies and afghans so not sure if I'm talented enough to figure out how to finish off a little flower. Anyone know of some online instructions or a pattern they can give me? :)

***Before I go, I want to say "Thank You" all for your sweet comments about my daughter's hamster--she will be missed. I showed Carly your comments and we're feelin' the love, so thank you! You guys are great!

One more thing...I'd like to invite you all to come visit the KL Stampin N Scrappin Girls over at Paper Craft Planet! We're having our own little challenge going on with a free Magnolia up for grabs, or you can come and just chat with us!

12 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

I would have been scared to use sooo many pinks - but you've really made it work - LOVE IT!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Kristine, this is an awesome take on that sketch, Girl! You rock!

By the way, I love your new blog look.

Seleise said...

adorable! love all the pink and the layout is fab!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is so pretty Kristine and I think your stitching looks fabulous, Such gorgeous papers and adorable image, Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

This is gorgeous Kristine!! I love all the stitching!! I love the paper you used too...what beautiful colors!!

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, and I'm loving that Bittersweet paper as well!! Your stitching looks fabulous...as well as your coloring!! So cute, Kristine!!

Gina Wrona said...

Pinkalicious? I say, delicious!

Awesome card!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Diane said...

Ooh I love it!!!! Too much pink?
Never,it looks fabulous!!!

Heather P. said...

This is fabulous... I so love all the pink! :)

Marcia said...

Beautiful, a girl can never use too much pink!

:) Marcia

Jennifer Love said...

GET OUT GET OUT! This card is over the top with awesome! *hugs*

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so cute...love the title! I didn't realize we live so close to each other!