Saturday, January 31, 2009

Olivia's Birdies and Blog Candy

Happy Saturday, everyone!! I'm so glad it's finally the weekend, are you? My girls' band is coming over to practice for a couple hours this morning, and then we get to go to Awana to help the kids "build" their cars to race. They give awards for the 3 fastest ones, but also for the most creative ones. I should dig up a picture to show you... my girls got 1st and 2nd on most creative cars 2 yrs. ago. Carly's was a lady bug and Maddy's was a pencil car :) This year, Carly wants to do a space shuttle car, using half on one of those clear plastic containers that you get out of a vending toy machine--should be interesting! Not sure what Maddy's planning this year? I'll let ya know after tomorrow!

Onto my card: "See, I don't just make Magnolias!" LOL... although they R some of my faves, but this one is Olivia from the C.C. Designs stamp set, "Olivia's Birdies." I also used the "Scenery" set for clouds. It's been a while since I've used this set, and I'm so glad I did as it just made me happy creating with it...esp. with those cute birds! I used the Label 2 Nesties to cut the stamped layer and coral mat. Ok, now onto the goodies...

BLOG CANDY TIME!! Kelly (of KL Stampin N Scrappin Store) is offering this yummy blog candy over on our DT blog! It's really easy to enter, so please take a minute to click on the photo and enter! You have until next Saturday, Feb. 7th. and be sure to tell her I sent ya! Good Luck everyone!!

Hope you get time to "Ink Something!" Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Deb said...

beautiful card Kristine, love those sweet little birdies! Have fun with those cars! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

IL Cielo di Praga said...

beautiful card....great job.kiss

Sparkle said...

Your card is just darling. I love all the birdies.

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute, Kristine!! I'm loving all of the sweet birdies!!

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness...this is adorable! :o)

Diane said...

Awwww!!!! Tweet card!!!! Your coloring is fabulous girl!!
Can't wait to see what your girls come up with their cars,that is so cool!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is so gorgeous Kristine and just adore this set and your beautiful colouring, Hope your girls had a fun time, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Katy said...

Fantastic card, love your colouring :)

Blog candy looks fab

xx

Heather P. said...

Oh, fabulous!!