Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Not Another Valentine...

...nope nope nope--it's an anniversary card! ; )
I needed a special card for a 40th wedding anniversary tomorrow (not mine...I've only been married 12 yrs), and I knew I wanted to use my brand new kissing Magnolias, along with the Basic Grey Bittersweet paper. Then I thought of all these really cute cards I've been seeing using heart-shaped doilies! So, I made a quick stop into the dollar store but all they had in hearts were way to huge for a card. So, I got a pack (of 90) of these scallopy circle ones. So, instead of using my large heart cutters like I'd planned to, I'd use the flower shape so it'll match the doily. The chipboard heart is from my Basic Grey Bittersweet card kit. Perfect! I added some rub ons to the heart, sponged the edges of my scallop circle and the doily. The little gold charm says "made with love" and was a gift from Sugar Nellie a while back. The chocolate and caramel ribbons are satin although the picture didn't capture the shine on them :( and the burgundy is grosgrain. Here's a pic of the inside before I wrote in it:

(Sorry if you don't like reading how I do my cards--I know some people hate that, but I don't like taking the time to write out a recipe on every post.)

8 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is another beauty Kristine - I just love the way you combine elements. Adore your kissing Magnolias too - hmmmm may have to put them on my wish list!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

How sweet!! I love the little charm!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is stunning Kristine and the lucky couple will cherish this, Gorgeous colouring, papers and details, Hope you are all well, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sprytebyrd said...

I LOVE reading how you do your cards! They are all so amazing! This one has so much detail and eye candy - it's wonderful! I love the idea of using a doily - gotta hit the dollar store soon! And I love the inside! Everything about this card is beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Your anniversary card is precious, and I love that sweet image!! I also love the doilie, buttons and charm!! Great card, Kristine!!

Katy said...

Absolutely fantastic card Kristine I just adore looking at your work

xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and those papers are lush!
Clairex

Jennifer Love said...

OMGOSH! This is gorgeous! Those rich colors are stunning on this card....

And hey, it is your blog, you can write it however you want. :) I tend to wander around on how I post mine sometimes...hehe