Monday, January 05, 2009

Hip-Hippo-Ray!

Happy Monday! Don't have a lot of time today, so I'll cut to the chase. This cute hippo is from SU!'s Pun Fun set. I stamped her once on white c.s., cut it using circle cutter (CM) and then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. Then I stamped her onto pink/white poka-dot paper, cut her out and mounted with pop dots. Paper pieced her bow. And now for my satin bow--it's kindof a mess. I'm so not good with bows, but when it's only dotted on one side, how do you tie it so that your polka-dots show on both hang-down pieces? hmm...I had trouble with that, so I just did a fake bow. I'm not terribly happy with it, but oh well. Thanks for dropping by.

EDITED: I changed my picture because I changed up my bow--it was just not settling right with me, lol. Thanks to Susie Stamp-a-Lot and her little tip *wink* - but seriously, why do I have to have things perfect? I like Lee's advice too, "Just tie it and figure that's part of the charm!" GOOD ADVICE...next time I won't be so hard on myself, lol.
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

10 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute, Kristine!! Love that little paper pieced hippo, your pretty papers, and ribbon treatment!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

That is soo cute!! The hippo is just darling!!! I just tie my bows even with ribbon that's designed on one side and figure that's part of the "charm"!! LOL

Deb said...

fabulous card, it is so pretty, just love those papers!
Happy New Year!

Trina said...

I think it's adorable Kristine!! I love the colors...and the hippo is so bright!! I also love how you used the swiss dot folder and the polka dotted theme of the card!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

i like your fake bow! it IS hard tying ribbon with a design on one side. i don't know if this will make sense, but when you go around the first loop, just turn the ribbon so that the "back" shows there (the knot part) and then make your next look with the ribbon showing and coax the end to show right side up as well. see? if you came to texas i could show you. maybe i'll try to remember to do a card using this situation.

Steph said...

Awww, such a cute image! Lovin that ribbon too!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is so cute Kristine and the Hippo looks so sweet and I just love the ribbon and papers, Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, Kristine, this is adorable! Just dropped in quick to let you know that the DT has been announced if you want to see on the KL SNS DT blog. Now for some family time!! Hugs, Kel :)

Lim said...

Wow Kristine, this is beautiful!!1 Look that Hippo... It's beautiful!!
Gorgeous card !
Hugs,
LIM

Seleise said...

adorable!