Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Heart Day

It's almost Friday...YAY!! What a week! First I'll tell ya about the card...
I made this for KL Stampin N Scrappin Girls' first challenge!! We've got a group now over at PCP and are inviting anyone and everyone to come join, and play along!! :) There's a FREE Magnolia stamp up for a prize, I hope you will all come play! The challenge is pretty simple...to create a card with a Heart and a Magnolia stamp (if you have one). That's it! Hope to see you over there!!
----------------------------------------------------
And now... on a personal note, I went through some of my 8mm tapes for my camcorder trying to find the one from 2 years ago when my 6 & 8 year old girls did a ballet dance at the county fair, and I found that I [accidentally] taped over it!! There's about 20 seconds (if that) of them in their pretty peach costumes off stage before going on and then it jumps to backyard playing---OH, I'm sooo kicking myself right now! *sigh*
Here's a picture of them. They danced with the other 8 girls for their recital, but for the fair, they changed it up just a little and they danced in front of the whole county, just the two of them. It was to Candle on the water (from Pete's Dragon). Beautiful song. Wish I could show you the video :(
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

11 comments:

Heather P. said...

What an adorable card... Love the coloring! :)

Yikes! I can relate to losing something that was taped previously... At least you still have part of it, right?? :) I lost the footage of my daughter's first birthday. I watched the DVD in the camcorder, and then next thing I knew, the disk was corrupted!Wahh! Almost 3 years later, I still don't have the heart to get rid of the disk. I'm hoping technology will improve enough that someone somewhere will be able to retrieve the images.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh dang it! Maybe one of the other little dancers at the recital took a video you could copy?

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine, such a lovely image. And talking of gorgeous, look at those girls!! they are adorable! what a very proud mum you should be hunny. Hugs Linda x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh your girls look so beautiful Kristine and just love their gorgeous outfits, How sad that you have lost nearly all of the recording. Your card is beautiful and I love your colouring of Tilda, Such wonderful colours, Hope you have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rose Ann said...

Your Valentine is just darling, Kristine!! I love the embossing, pretty paper, ribbon treatment and coloring!!

I'm sorry about your accident with the recording! Adorable picture of the girls' on their recital day!!

Marcia said...

Adorable card, your colouring is perfect.

Hey you might have taped over the girls and it is a shame, but I think you would be hard pressed to find any parent who wouldn't be proud to flash that picture around. It's beautiful!

:) Marcia

Kerry D-C said...

Your Tilda is ALMOST as ADORABLE as your two ballerinas! Sorry to hear about you little accident. I would be so upset with myself too...we are mothers...it's our job to feel constant guilt!

Belas Creating Place said...

Kristine: what a lovely pic....they look so sweet. Love your creations. So colourful and beautiful designs.

Seleise said...

adorable tilda! And the pic of your little dancers - fabulous! sorry you lost the tape but at least you still have the memory!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

That card is TOO cute, Kristine! I just love hearts, and they make your card even more beautiful! What an adorable pic of the girls in their outfits. I am so sorry to hear you lost some of the recording though. So glad you have this photograph. :) Kel

Trina said...

Your girls are adorable!! They look so sweet in their costumes!! I'm sorry you taped over their performance too, I would have loved to see it!! Maybe next time!
Your card is gorgeous!! I love how much those hearts stand out on the bottom of the card!
Hugs,
Trina