Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy Birthday, Shortie!!

Funny name, I know! But this challenge is the first over at Queen Kat Designs BLOG PARTY today! There's lots of sneak peeks at the new stamp releases (and they are AWESOME this month), and fun challenges!

For this challenge, we were to create a birthday tag that includes a shortie (1.5"x1.75") that has at least one stamped and colored image on it; 1 embellishment; and a circle somewhere on it.

This picture's kinda dark, but I cuttlebugged the burgundy shortie with the Swiss Dots folder, and added silver heart brads to the corners. The cupcakes are colored with Sparkly Glitter Gellyroll Pens, and my bg paper has pink foil hearts all over. The cupcakes and "sweet heart" sentiment were from a $1 clear stamp set my sister gave me, and the Happy Birthday is from So Many Scallops by SU!

There's MORE CHALLENGES going on over there, so please go check them out and play along if you can!! Here are some close up shots:
Have a great evening, now go "Ink Something!"
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

12 comments:

Trina said...

This is so cute Kristine!! I love the colors! And the cupcakes are adorable!! So adorable!!

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh Kristine...this turned out wonderful! Love it!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

WOWZERS!! This is absolutely beautiful Kristine!! I lvoe this! Those cupcakes look good enough to eat!! Yummy!! Awesome work, my friend!!

Hugs, Melissa

Rose Ann said...

Your tag is wonderful, Kristine!! I love those little cupcakes, and your details are fabulous!!

JenMarie said...

OMGosh how YUMMY Is THIS??? LOVE it!

Dani said...

Oh my, this is too cute! I love the cuppies! Fab job!

Abra Leah Cross said...

That would be so nice to receive! You are awsome!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, this really is cute! Looks yummy, too! :) Great job, Kristine!!

Kerry D-C said...

Now this is a SCRUMPTIOUS tag!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohh I've never heard of a "shortie"!!! How cute!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oh my!!!! This tag is GORGEOUS and needs to be framed!!! I am in love with all of the dazzling details, and your layout!!! Such a scrumptious tag:o) Yummmmm....

Hugs!
Carolyn

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Kristine what a great tag, it looks good enough to eat, that cup cake is gorgeous! hugs Linda x