Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodbye, Lilly

My daughter's hamster, Lilly passed away yesterday. She was only 8 months old and was very well taken care of (spoiled) but regardless, she curled up in the corner and went to sleep forever. *sniff sniff*
Lilly was the better of the two hammies, as she never pottied in the exercise ball, and she was funner to watch...climbing her cage and going across the top like monkey bars! My daughter handled it pretty well, although she did shed a few tears, but she didn't want to go with dad to burry her. I told her "these things happen, honey...especially with small animals" - we knew when we bought them they'd only last "2-3 years"---just too bad she didn't even last one year. This is not a picture of a "dead" hammy, this was just her napping a couple months ago. Just look at those adorable tiny pink paws...
Goodbye sweet Lilly!!

19 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh I am sad to hear the girls sweet hamster has passed away Kristine. I hope they are both ok and send them our love, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jacki Marie said...

I'm sorry about Lilly. I hope your little girl isn't sad for long? Maybe she/you can do a scrapbook page or something as a tribute and keepsake?

Ashley M said...

Awww sorry to hear about Lilly! Happy to hear that your daughter took it well though!

hugs, Ashley

mariemc said...

Aww...so sorry about Lilly. My girls have two gerbils and I don't know how they will react when that time comes. I'm glad she wasn't too distraught. Take care!

Debby said...

:-( I'm so sorry. It's always hard to lose a furry family member. {{{Hugz}}}

Donna said...

{{hugs}} to your daughter! I'm so sad y'all lost your furry baby-she was cute.

Holly said...

oh, how sad and what darling pictures. It's hard for any of us to lose pets, but especially children.

Heather P. said...

Oh no! That's so sad, Kristine. :( Big {{{{{hugs}}}}} to your daughter...

Lisa Hjulberg said...

It's hard to lose a pet... so hard. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

{{hugs}} to your girls. So sorry to hear of your loss. She was a cute little hammy indeed. Kel

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry about Lily! I feel really bad for your dd, I know how tough this is on kids.

Rose Ann said...

Oh Kristine...I am so sorry to hear Lilly has passed. She looks very sweet. Big hugs to your daughters, and you too!!

Diane said...

That is so sad Kristine. I hope your daughters are ok,Hugs to all of you!!!!!!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lilly passing away! She was so cute! I hope your dd is ok. I feel bad for her. {{Sending Hugs her way!}}

Abra Leah Cross said...

Poor dear! Tell her we are thinking of her. Chloe still misses her pet ferret who passed away in the fall.

Ila said...

Oh Dear!! She is so Adorable in these photos!!...So Sorry...it's so Sad to lose a fur kid..Big Hugs to you all!!.....Ila

Trina said...

Oh no, poor Lilly!! I am so sad to hear that!
I am thinking about all of you!
Hugs,
Trina

Gina Wrona said...

Awh, take care as best you can.

Hugs,
Gina

P.S. I have a poem that would be too long to post here, but I'll email it to you for your girls.

Kerry D-C said...

oooh...that is so sad! So sorry!