Saturday, January 03, 2009

Did you know, I'M ROYALTY!

I am soo excited to share this news with you all... Vicki from Queen Kat's Designs asked ME to join her Design Team!!



Vicki is the "Queen of the Royal Court" which makes me a "Royal Stamping Maid"--the whole court is absolutely fabulous with so much talent to offer, and the stamp lines and kits are really CUTE! Melissa of "Creating from the Heart" is also a new member of the DT!! You can check Queen Kat's Designs BLOG and see all the members of the Royal Court HERE.



Each Wednesday on the blog, Maria posts "Queen Kat Royal Wednesday" which offers some sort of a Challenge--for those of you challenge junkies (like myself). Below is my very first card made with this week's challenge, which was to use "shorties" on your card. Shorties are like inchies, but a little bigger.



My large shortie measures just a tad over 1.5"x 1.75" and my smaller ones measure 1"x1.5"--note: I have to admit that I don't have any QKD stamps YET, but I still wanted to do the challenge, so there it is. :) QKD BLOG also offers other challenges and sneak peeks to their new stamp releases.

About My Card I doodled the hearts and swishes on the two shorties, as well as on the photo corner. I added crystals to the corner, and dazzling diamonds to her wings. Nesties were used to cut out all the rectangle shorties and then I sponged over them with some Sage Shadow to tone down the whiteness.

Thanks again, Vicki for this awesome opportunity and I am looking forward to the journey!! {{Inky♥Hugs}}



21 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, Kristine!! You are so deserving, and your card is adorable!! Woo hooo!!

Lorie said...

Congratulations Kristine! You are such a great stamper...you deserve this! SUPER cute card, too!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Congrats Kristine!! Your card is so beautiful! WOW! Love it! Can't wait to see what you do with your QKD stamps!! YAY! Can't wait to get mine too!!

Hugs, Melissa

Alli Miles said...

Congrats Kristine! That is super exciting :) I know you will do an awesome job. Your creations are gorgeous.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wooohoo, girl!! Your time to shine is definitely 2009!! I am so proud of you, and glad I gotcha too! :) Kel

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That is AWESOME news, Kristine! I am so happy for you. . .you are so deserving! the card is absolutely adorable!

Donna said...

woohoo! congrats to you - your card is so sweet!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh big CONGRATS and hugs GF!!!!! Yaaay!!! And you certainly ARE royalty!! Your talent and creativity and sweetness is so obvious to us all!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Congratulations Kristine and am so not surprised that you were snapped up! Your card is so gorgeous and bright and beautiful colouring as always, Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

Holy Moly girl!! Are you ever going to be busy now!! Congratulations on the new position! Doesn't it feel good to be chosen for a design team!
Love your card, I love the image and your doodling looks great! Can't wait to see more!

Dani said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats! And what a super cute card too! :)

Debbie said...

Congratulations Kristine, what a great start to 2009! Your card is fabulous the colours are beautiful. Debbie x

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

wow! what a fun way to start off your new year!! congratulations and it is SO WELL deserved! look at us now, grrfrind---who'da thunk? don't forget about me when you get big and famous, now!!
i really love QC, but i have such a stash already...maybe one or two can't hurt, right?

Chris (catt871) said...

CONGRATS Kristine!!! You totally deserve it!!!! Your cards are always amazing to look at!!!!! This one of Melinda is sooo pretty!!
Chris

Diane said...

Yay Kristine!!! Congrats girl!!!
You will make wonders I'm sure!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

I gave you an award on my blog!!! congrats!

~KRISTY~ said...

YOUR CARD LOOKS AMAZING KRISTINE, CONGRATS ON THE DT IM OFF TO TAKE A LOOK!

Erin... said...

Congrats!! How exciting!! great card too!

Gina Wrona said...

Congrats Kristine!

well deserved for someone so talented.

Hugs,
Gina

Seleise said...

congrats! and, I ADORE this card! I'm totally going to CASE it at some point in time. too cute!

Lim said...

Wow. Beautiful colors!!! I love this card!!1 Gorgeous. You did it again!!
Hugs,
LIM