Friday, January 02, 2009

Crocheted Carebears

YAY, it's the weekend...and a busy one it'll be! Just thought I'd show ya these carebears that I crocheted for my girls for Christmas...(a couple years ago). I've also made a big girl cow with a dress which got first place at our fair, and numerous afghans...but that was before I got so addicted to stamping :P Anyway, I had this pattern that made 12 different ones and I let the girls choose which ones they wanted. Carly picked Grumpy Bear (hmm...ya, that fits her at times) and Maddy chose ? is it Love-a-Lot? I can't remember. They've since been "replaced" with the 'glowing tummies' carebears.
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

11 comments:

2Scrappy Sisters AL said...

My mom made some of these back in the 80's...You did a great job and it brought back some memories. These are so cute!!!

Jacki Marie said...

I love the Care Bears... You did a great job with them.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Wow!!! You are talented lady!!!! Those are adorable!!

Maria Levine said...

HI Kristine! These are awesome! So you are a fabby stamper and you can crochet? Awesome! Welcome to the Queen Kat team I look forward to getting to know you!

Trina said...

These are amazing Kristine!! They are adorable!! They actually bring back memories of when I was young (a long time ago...I know). Anyways, I'm sure my Mom had crocheted me a Strawberry Shortcake doll. I remember that it was amazing!
Hope you had a great New Years!!

Dani said...

Oh. My. Word. These are adorable!

Rose Ann said...

Awe...they are so cute, Kristine!! You are one multi-talented girl!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, how sweet. I do remember the CareBear craze when I was young, too. We actually have more in common than we knew! I love to crochet too. I don't do it much now that I papercraft either, but I once crocheted a unicorn, and made a few baby blankets and outfits for friends, family, and my son (many moons ago). LOL

Alyssa Byron said...

They are so wonderful and I cant believe that you updated them! When I have my kids thay are having everything handmade, their clothes, toys everything....well that what Im saying now...with all this free time...perhaps that will change

Stampmouse said...

OMG your girls must adore you those are great

Abra Leah Cross said...

Those are too cute! I crochet, too. Maybe if I crochet less, I'll stamp more? Have you ever donated squares to "Warm Up America!"? You should look them up! :)