Friday, December 12, 2008

Taylored Expressions CC45

I've been in the mood lately for some cutesy wintery cards, so I got out my prestamped Magnolias that the lovely Nikki sent me some for this one. I also used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #45 (last week's) sketch challenge, although I had to make my card larger to fit a regular commercial card because my Magnolia layered piece was so large. My card measures 6-3/4" x 4-3/4". My card base is Purely Pomegranate and I'm not sure what the brown snowflake paper is from, but the olive dp is SU! I added Dazzling Diamonds to her hat, snowball, and the snowflakes on the white oval piece, although you can't really see that here (maybe if you clicked the pic to enlarge you can see that). Anyways, that's about it. OH YA, I have something else kinda fun to show you. My daughter made this gingerbread house at school today:

The thing in the front left corner is her "Greenhouse" and has tomatoes, lettuce, and carrots. Then in the back left (can't see from here, but they are peppermint candies with peanut m&ms on top) is strawberries and cucumbers =) The front right is her mailbox, a flower pot, and candycane trees. Good job, Carly...it looks scrumdillyicious!! =)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

11 comments:

Taylor said...

Too cute! Love that Magnolia image! And the gingerbread house your daughter made is so precious... fun memories! Thanks for playing!

Lorie said...

Your card is SO cute! Tell your girls that they did a GREAT job with their house! :o)

Renée said...

oh, wow, Kristine! Your colouring is phenomenal! Love the colours you've used too!!

The gingerbread house is so "sweet". Your daughter did a great job! :)

~KRISTY~ said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD KRISTINE, THE STAMPED IMAGE IS WAY TO CUTE!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

KRistine, this is just TOO cute! Absolutely adorable!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is adorable, Kristine!! Love your coloring, and pretty lacy edging!! Your daughter did a great job with her gingerbread house too!! I love all of her fun details!!

Allison said...

Terrific work with the Tilda! And fun gingerbread creation...love the idea of a greenhouse!

Bethany Paull said...

Oh my goodness! Your blog is fab. Every card is gorgeous. How fun that this is a "full-sized" card.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute card, and I love the gingerbread house! I'm going to make one of those one of these days.... well, maybe one of these years is more like it. lol!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

What a fun house!! My children enjoy making these too. Love all the details...and she thinks of everything down to the details of cucumbers and strawberries!! Too fabulous!

Donna said...

cute card & what a fun gingerbread house creation!