Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stocking Stuffers

It's not a card or a pouch...it's a BOX! This cute template for these was designed by Lauren Meader of "My Timeless Templates" and the first one (only one so far) that I came across was Lorie's gorgeous box HERE. My original idea was to make a gift card holder and then cut the card into a stocking shape, but when I finally downloaded the instructions for this, I just HAD to try it...and I LOVE them!! I've made 3 of them since last night! The first one I can't show you as my daughter took it to school today in case it gets cancelled due to snow (see bottom picture). But I made 2 more today.

Here's a side view of the the box--it's really a good size box for storing treats or little gifts. In fact my daughter bought an ornament for her teacher and it fit with some tissue paper.
And here is my 3rd one. It's a little more "girly" but can't tell you who it's for as she might be reading this right now, lol. From a distance, you're prolly saying, "What was she thinking putting maroon flowers on a green and pink box?"...well, you can't see it well enough, but there is burgundy all throughout the paper and the tag is covering some burgundy snowflakes, so it matches better IRL.
It snowed ALL DAY today! I could hardly believe it got down to 9 below here a couple days ago and today warmer, but the roads are soo slick out there. They didn't even cancel school all week--so far. I heard that Las Vegas got snow too--which they said hasn't happened in 30 years. Well, I think/hope we might have a white Christmas this year.
Happy Holidays!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

8 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Kristine! These are absolutely beautiful! Excellent, excellent, excellent job!

Catherine said...

Oh so cute, Kristine. I have this template but just doesn't have time to do something with it :(

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhh those little stockings are just so darn cute!!!! And I hear ya on the snow and cold.....it's here too to stay for a while!!!!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oooh, I just LOVE these stockings! They are all so beautiful, but the last one you can definitely see that you used the cuttlebug folders for the heel and toe. GREAT idea! :D Our snow is blowing in tomorrow (um, later today as its now after 1 a.m.) Anywhere from 5-11 inches, It looks like our area is in for a DOOZY between 9 and 11. I will love having a white Christmas, but hope the roads are safe. *praying for safe travels*

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

I love them Kristine. I will have to save this idea for next year. Wishing you and your family a fabulous Christmas and Best Wishes for 2009! My girls will be so jealous you have snow. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Chris (catt871) said...

I LOVE the pink and green one!!!! Enjoy the snow!!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh...these are adorable as well!! I love the pearls, flowers, buttons, texture...everything!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I just love these little stocking boxes...especially the girly one with the flowers!!
hugs, Jami