Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rustic Nativity Scene

This set is called The Nativity and is by Paper Pretties. I have some neat shapes of cutting templates from Creative Memories and I thought this one looked kinda like a star, but kinda like a barn too (?)...kinda, lol. I stamped baby Jesus first, then masked him to stamp Mary and Joseph. This would be a good card for our Children's Ministry Director as she's putting on a Christmas play with some of the kids. My youngest is Mary this year.

The wooden cardstock is from a stash I created a few months ago (Here's Dawn's tutorial) but it really needed a pop of color somewhere, so that's when the blue came in. I was looking for some raffia, but didn't have any, so I opted for some natural twine to add to that outdoorsy feel. The card base is Ruby Red and I added a chocolate chip layer behind the stamped scene and mounted it on thick dimensional tape. Well, that's about it for today. I hope to get some more Christmas cards done this week or it'll be too late?! Hope yours are coming along or maybe even already sent out? If so, congrats!! :)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring looks amazing, and your card is soooo cute and wonderful!! Love this, Kristine!!

Catherine said...

kristine, this is so pretty and love the way you color you images :)

Stampmouse said...

awe that is adorable

Tammy said...

Beautiful coloring!! Love the wood on the top half of the card.....

Tammy M
SBS4

Lorie said...

This is completely beautiful!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I love this - that wooden cardstock is amazing, and I love the soft coloring and sponging!! Beautiful!!
hugs, Jami

Christie said...

You are rockin these Christmas stamps Kristine! The cards are beautiful!!

Diane said...

Such a beauty Kristine!!! It does look like a barn,I think anyways.

Julie Masse said...

How beautiful!! Your colorin gis just wonderful! :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Awww.......so sweet!!! And what a cool look, I love the rustic take!!

Emily said...

This looks great! The shape really does kinda resemble a barn. Love the wood at the top! That looks awesome! The twine looks great too! Great card! TFS!

Diana said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS!! you did a great work with all of them!! I wish I have those images, they are PERFECT!!

Sorry I haven't been a good sista lately!! I have a busy semester this year! but hopefully I'm finishing everything! so I will visit more often!!

Thank you so much for your visits to my blog!

Merry Christmas!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Awww, this is SO beautiful. I love the rustic look, and it does look like either a star or a barn shape. LOVELY, girl, just LOVELY!! :) I am SURE your director would be VERY pleased to receive this little beauty! :) Kelly

Donna said...

what a sweet, sweet card!!