Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Recipe and a {London}

Yummy Cranberry Cheesecake Bars

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 16-ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce

Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter, mix until crumbly. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of crumbly mixture for the topping. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, then cool completely.

In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy; mix in condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Pour over crust. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar with cornstarch and cranberry sauce. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.

Sprinkle reserved crumbly topping over the cranberry mixture. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool; chill before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator. Serves about 32.

And now for my "London"...in case you don't know what that is, my girls watch Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Disney Channel) and whenever something good happens to London, she exclaims, "YAY ME!" Well, my girls seem to have caught onto that, in which case I refer to them as "London."

SO, I have some good news to share with you! First of all, I redesigned Kelly's Store Logo to match her new website:

and secondly, Kelly has asked me to be her first Design Team Member! Oh, here it comes... "YAY ME!" =) And you could be on her team too! Right now she's running a "mini design team" contest over at her blog. Stop on over HERE to read all about it! She extended the deadline to January 6th, so hopefully it won't interfere with your holiday celebrations!

Happy Holidays!
Kristine

16 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

oooh, this looks yummy and I'm in a baking mood... I'm going to check and see if I have all the ingredients and get back to you! Thanks for posting this.

Seleise said...

I just saw this recipe in a magazine and thought it looked good. Thanks for the reminder. yum!

Marie said...

Come on!!! I'm dieting here and those look so yummy I want to eat my computer screen!! ;)

Lorie said...

That looks delish! Yay, you is right! Congrats! I totally wish I have some Magnolia stamps so I could apply for this but I don't.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

YAY YOU!!! and YAY me, too!! LOL I can't wait to get the new Magnolia stamps in so I can send you yours too. :D

Btw, that recipe really does look YUMMY! My hubby LOVES cranberry juice, maybe he will like these as well. Gotta try it this weekend. :) Kel

Diane said...

Yay You!!!!! Congrats to you Kristine!!! And that recipie looks yummy for the tummy! But I'm going to have be strict this Holiday season to what foods I put in my mouth...don't want to be gaining what I've worked so hard for to lose this weight,lol.

Ju said...

Hi Kristine

I've just found your blog! Thanks for that yummilicious recipe. I will keep on reading your blog. Hugs!

Trina said...

Wow that recipe looks fantastic. I am printing it out as we speak!! I love making new recipes at Christmas!!

And CONGRATULATIONS!! Good for you, you deserve it!! I can't wait to see some of your new magnolia creations!!

Yanitza Ramos said...

Thanks for the receipe... looks really yummy! And congratulations on making the DT!!! :)

Chris (catt871) said...

YUmMYYY!!!!! they look sooo good!!! My students watch that show too - so I hear the YAY ME all the time too!!! LOL

Diana said...

YAY YOU!!! that is such a wonderful news!! Congrats!! you're so talented!!

THe recipe looks yummy!!

Abra Leah Cross said...

That recipe looks scruptious!!! Congrats on the design team! :)

Catherine said...

oh, this looks so good Kristine :)

Stampmouse said...

looks yummy. and congrats on the design tea member thats awesome

Rose Ann said...

Woo hoo...congratulations, Kristine!! You totally deserve it, girl!!

Your recipe looks so yummy!! I will have to write it down. ;) Thanks!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Awesome news!! Congratulations, and love the new logo!!
hugs, Jami