Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ornament Cards

Happy Thursday!! Here are some ornament cards I made, or shall I say "CASEd" after I saw this beauty that Julie Masse made, with "Angel Wings" from Paper Pretties. Of course I changed the paper/colors and didn't have the circle nesties, so I used my CM circle cutters, but I did mount the top layer (poinsettias) with thick dimensional tape--so you can still see the rest of her wings and trim from an angle. Her card is a shaker and mine is not. Here's a close-up:
I applied Pretty in Pink chalk Pastels around her for a soft glow. I also like the look of her white sparkly wings against a colored bg. as opposed to the white--not that there's anything wrong with the white...I just think she pops off the page a little better. Then I watercolored the rest of her. The topper thingy is punched out of metalic Gold cardstock using the Round Tab punch (both SU!). I just realized how much I'm using my stamps from Paper Pretties--I LOVE them all. Can't wait to get my next Stamp-of-the-month!!
By the way, I really appreciate that you stopped by today!! I was afraid after not being able to post for so long that I'd lost all of ya...but I see that you came back and are so sweet and thoughtful to leave me a comment or two. THANK YOU!! Big Hugs and Happy Holidays to all my blogging friends.
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

9 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

These are beautiful Kristine!!! WOW!!!! Just love that DP and your colouring is exquisite!!!!


Vicki

Diane said...

They are gorgeous Kristine!!!! Love that dp!!! And your Angel is divine!!!!
Glad you got your card! I rec'd yours today!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!
Thank You so much Kristine!

Deb said...

they are beautiful Kristine, such a sweet design, happy holidays to you too!

Seleise said...

gorgeous cards! I love the design and yours just look so sweet!

Catherine said...

your ornament cards is so gorgeous :)

Rose Ann said...

Your ornament cards are very beautiful, Kristine!! I love the pretty papers and sparkle!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Another STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL card. I love how you made it like an ornament, too! So shimmery/sparkly. Great job!! Merry Christmas to you, too, dear friend! :) Kel

Julie Masse said...

These came out so beautiful!! I just love the pretty bold colors and the glittery wings!! Great job Kristine and thanks for the shout-out! :)

Donna said...

pretty!