Sunday, December 07, 2008

My First DigiScrapping Page

Well, I've done it--I've just put one toe in the water (in the huge pool of digiscrapping). I've seen it out there for a while, and have wanted to try it, but didn't have the money to buy Photoshop etc. So, although I can't "create" digi kits or elements, or even my own cool lettering, I CAN use kits already made. This was a freebie Quickpage that I stuck my own picture into and added lettering (letters from another kit). It was really easy, but I hope to find the time to play around with other kits that offer all the elements seperately and I can "create" my own pages. This Quickpage is by Kelly Walker of Dreamers Magic Designs.

In case you are wondering...I also created my blog banner, using Andrea's Bah-Humbug collection (Brownie Scraps). It's so fun and exciting to see what these very talented young ladies come up with for kits and best of all that they share them with US!! :) Thank You ♥

OH, one more thing... I got my computer back!! YEA...but he didn't download my printer cd OR my burning software and he still has all our disks we gave him to do all that, so I still can't upload my cards etc. I know, I'm such a complainer...don't try to be, but I've waited almost 3 weeks to get it back and I finally do and I can't upload, print, or burn anything. OK God, I know you're teaching me patience here. I'm just very thankful that I have a computer at all and can stay in touch with all of YOU!! Have a happy week everyone!!

P.S.
I'm thinking maybe I'll post all my digiscrap pages over at my family blog and keep this one mostly cards. I have privacy settings over there, but will be happy to "invite you" over there if you'd like to see them--just ask :)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

8 comments:

GrammaStamper (BarbK) said...

You did a fine job and it's hard to believe this is your first foray into digi scrapping. Well done!

Diane said...

Oh my,that's gorgeous Kristine!
Yay,you got your puter back!!! Can't wait to see what you will be able to show us when you can upload! Love your work!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Great Job Kristine, love the photo and the beautiful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Emily said...

Great page! I love your banner too! I haven't tried the digi scrappin yet, but I've already got photoshop so I might give it a try.

Seleise said...

what a neat page! good luck getting everything set up again!

Rose Ann said...

Great job with your Digi page, Kristine!! Your header and wallpaper look so pretty too!!

So glad you have your 'puter back!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a fun page. Welcome to the digi-world. Careful, it's just as addictive as stamping! Best of luck with your computer!
hugs, Jami

Marcia said...

Wow, for a first timer this is amazing. Love the layout. Welcome to the 'darkside' of scrapping!

I use Paint.net, much like photoshop, which I too can't afford to buy. I like it, some of the functions are the same and best of all it is FREE! Google Paint.net.

:) Marcia