Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wishing all my blog friends a happy, healthy, and "inky" New Year! ...and it looks like Edwin & Tilda are ringing in the new year with a little champagne and a kiss! I made this one for my hubby, creating a little scene (literally *wink*) in front of a shoppe. Sorry the lighting isn't too great here.

I'm LOVING these kids (Edwin under mistletoe & Tilda under mistletoe) because they are so versatile!! You can make a card for so many occassions including:
  • New Year's kiss
  • Christmas mistletoe kiss
  • Valentine's
  • Anniversary
  • anytime "I Love You" card
  • and the list goes on!

The card base is Elegant Eggplant, and I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder on the white layer. For the brick wall, I used 4 different colors of grey cardstock and lightly sponged them with Basic Grey ink. Then cut strips, then smaller pieces and taped them onto Natural White c.s. and the sentiment is computer generated.

Don't forget! You can purchase these Magnolias at KL Stampin N Scrappin Store for 10% Off plus FREE shipping through the end of January!! (she also has a "refer a friend" rewards program--refer 5 friends and get a free stamp set or Nesties set free!)

Thanks for stopping by and many blessings to you all in the coming year!!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}

10 comments:

Dani said...

Wow! Great job, elegant and cute all at the same time! :)

Lorie said...

SO cute! I have to link up my card yet! :o) Happy New Year!

Rose Ann said...

Awe...sweet little cuties!! I love your dimension and colors, Kristine!! So darling!!

muthu said...

awesome blog...

kudos on the cute work...

i would love to have your comments on my short stories....

do visit my blog and have a go at them.......

and happy new year.....

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Heeheehee!! Oh they're soooo cute!! And a super wonderful and Happy New Year to you too!!

Emily said...

Aww, how cute! Love the scene you created! Great coloring! Happy New Year!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

So many gorgeous cards I've missed, Happy New Year Kristine to you and your beautiful family, Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

May 2009 be good to you and your family! Sweet card as always Kristine!

Chris (catt871) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! LOVE everything about it!!!

HP toner said...

Kristine, that’s astonishing! I love it so much. The kids are great. It remains me a painting that my mom did at high school when she learned art. She draws a boy and girl just like that, but with different colors. The painting hanged on my wall until today (for 30 years). I can photograph and send it to you, if you want. I’m hoping that 2009 will be successful, creative year. And of course a lot sales of your work (a lot of them). Happy New Year!! Thanks you for inspiration. I think I’ll try that to. I’ll certainly purchase these, especially with the 10% discount, and free shipping.