Monday, December 15, 2008

A {Chilly} Icicle Card

I just want to know WHO has time to sit and experiment with their tag punches (like this cool and snazzy card) and crystal effects and other supplies to come up with funky, out-of-the-ordianary ways to use them? Wish I had the time...not that if I DID that I would be so talented to even come up with these crazy, brilliant ideas! And so, I'm a C.A.S.E.r, yup, that's right. I came across Dawn's Video tutorial for how to make this row of icicles for your cards/pages!! It's so easy, but I never wouldda thunk it up by myself. You take Crystal Effects and make a row of it on waxed paper. Then go back to the beginning of your row and pull the c.e. down in varrying lengths all the way across and then pour Dazzling Diamonds over it. Let it sit for at least an hour (I let mine sit over night) then carefully peel it off the waxed paper and WHA-LAH!! I glued it to the top of my card with C.E.

The stamp is called "What a Snow" by Penny Black, Inc. Not sure who makes the snowflake paper? (think it's SU!?)

And I thought I'd leave you with a picture of my daughter's tiny snowfriends. As you can see the ground is dry in this picture...that was 2 days ago. It snowed all day today and I bet we have about 3-5 inches out there now. =)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Lorie said...

So cute...both the card and the snowmen!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhh what a gorgeous card!!! I definitely will have to try that icicle technique!! And what cute snowmen too!!!

de said...

Aww, I love this card! It's adorable and the texture and colors are great!

Your daughter's snow friends are, er, were cute too! :-)

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute, Kristine...and your icicles look perfect!! Bravo!! Love your daughters' snow friends as well!! ;)

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristine, I love the adorable image which you've coloured so beautifully and the icicles look fabulous! Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

Oh I love it Kristine!!!! That paper is gorgeous!!! Love the real snowmen too,they did a sweet job!
Got your card,Thanks a bunch,it's beautiful!!!

Trina said...

Great card!! I love the snowflakes you made. And let your daughter know that her snowfriends are adorable! I just love them!

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great card!!! I love that PB image!!!
Your fellow SBS4 sister,
Chris

Seleise said...

ADORABLE! what a neat technique. thanks for sharing!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

What a fun and adorable card. Love the snowmen too..I miss snow! hugs, chris

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

What a cute card, I love all of the sparkle!

Donna said...

geez, it's been FOREVER since I visited! love the new banner on your blog & the Christmas pic of your girls - they're just precious. the snowmen are cute & LOVE your icicle card - I've always wanted to do one. Congrats on being featured on the PP card of the week!

Ila said...

What a Super Cute and Fabulous card Kristine!! ...love the coloring, image and the way you made the icicles...what a great idea and looks so Wonderful!!...love your daughters little snow friends too!!..I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!...Hugs, Ila

Catherine said...

both of your snowman (card and the real thing) are so cute :)