Thursday, October 16, 2008

Step It Up - TLC

This week's Technique Lovers Challenge was to create a card using this "stair step fold" (aka. accordian fold). These are so much fun to make--you could stamp directly on the card base, add punched items, create a scene, etc. Here's the GALLERY for more inspiration. And now, here's a side view:
I'm really amazing at proportionate (sp?) my images are, considering they came from so many different stamp sets/companies!! Here's how I did it: I cut my card base out of Certainly Celery at 10.5 x 5 inches and scored at 1.25, 2½, 4.25, 6, and 8.25 inches. Then you fold them as an accordian with the 1.25 in. end folded down in front. This looks really tall, but when you fold it all up at the end, it measures 5"x 4.25" so it will fit into a regular card envie =)
  • STAMPS: Magnolia (girl), CuddlyBuddly (tree), Sugar Plum: Olivia's Birdies (birdhouse and birds), Sugar Plum: Scenery (flowers, grass), A Chemistry With Paper: Big Backyard (fence, dog, rock).
{{Inky♥Hugs}}Photobucket

16 comments:

Lorie said...

I LOVE the cards I've seen with this! Yours is absolutely adorable! I may have to try it too!

Gina said...

this is gorgeous Kristine, love the colouring and the layout,
Gina xxx

Tammy said...

Totally adorable!! Awesome coloring too:)

Tammy
SBS4

Belas Creating Place said...

Just adorable. What a card. I love all of your postings. Each one is different to the other. So I will take a look and post back my fave. It will be difficult to choose from since they are all terrific.

Congratulations on your blogaversary.

Carol Doyle said...

love it Kristine, how cute! will have to try it soon :0) thanks!

Catherine said...

this is just adorable :)

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, this is just fabulous Kristine, Love all the gorgeous images and great design, Hugs, Nikki x

Deb Wood said...

WOW this is really awesome and soooo beautiful!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Kristine.......this is a new FAVE of mine!!!! You absolutely ROCKED this technique and created the most fabulous scene!!!!

Diane said...

This is so adorable Kristine!!!

ALyssa Byron said...

U got something pretty wonderful going on girl! brethleass with inspiration...

Trina said...

This is sooo cool! I love how it folds!! Looks great Kristine!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is really beautiful, Kristine. I am not very good at creating scenes, but I may have to give this one a try with my new Olivia's birdies set. I have a couple of them left in the store for anyone looking to buy them (40% off ladies!!) :) Kel

P.S. -- Did you see your sweet little Olivia on my shop.KLstampinNscrappin.com site? Again, thank you SO much for giving me permission to use it.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh, this is just so darling!! I love the scene you created - fantastic clouds, and I love the fence with the little flower peeking through!!!
hugs, Jami

Rose Ann said...

Your step card looks so awesome, Kristine!! I love everything you've done to this special card!!

Yanitza Ramos said...

OMG! This card is stunning! LOVE IT so much!! Great job!