Thursday, October 09, 2008

A {Spoonful of Sugar} Challenge

Have you tried one of Alesha Walls' scallop medallions yet? I saw this on Beate's blog today and had to try it myself. Alesha put a circle in the middle of hers and that looks great too, or you can try running c.s. or ribbon through the sides [which doesn't work if you put it at an agle like I did here]. They are fun and oh-so-easy to make.

The Color Challenge this week at Spoon Full of Sugar is... pink & green. Believe it or not, I was a little stumped. I know I've created many cards with this color scheme, and I was sent a bunch of really cute girly images but it just didn't want to come to me today. SO, I used my "Branching Out" set by There She Goes, and I think it turned out pretty good. I was even having trouble with my layout--I think this was my 3rd try, but I like it now. *sigh*...some days ya got it, some days ya don't!! Which reminds me...I could go for a mounds bar right now, Lol.

REMINDER:
My blogaversary blog candy is in 11 more days!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Another super adorable card! Love it! 11 more days...woohoo! I'm gonna win right? :o)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Another stunning card Kristine, loving the colours you've used! Hugs Linda x

Catherine said...

Oh Kristine, this is too cute, i saw this technique last night at SCS and then saw your card today... gorgeous!

Gina said...

Thanks for popping by my blog and your lovely comments, I don't know how I have not been here before your cards are stunning :) will be adding you to my favs :)
Gina xxx

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the colours you have used and the pretty embossing. Hope you have great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Alesha Walls said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Diane said...

Aren't those medallions wonderful!
I saw that too,going to have to try one! Love your card girl!

Rose Ann said...

Your scallop medallion turned out great, Kristine!! I love those pretty colors and your fun image too!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh what a deeelicious confection!!! Love the colors and sweeeeet layout!!