Saturday, October 11, 2008

A {SCS} Sketch Challenge

Don't know about you, but I'm loving this refreshing Fall weather! Unfortunately today's cleaning day, so I won't be outside enjoying it too much. I also don't have a lot of stamping time, but I did manage to work in a card this morning. I followed sketch challenge 197 on SCS this week. I turned it upright instead of sideways, and used one of my "Whiff of Joy" images that Trina sent me to color and use. I ♥ these images so much. The paper is from SU!, and I used the scallop border punch along the Ruby Red c.s. (behind the houndstooth) and added dazzling diamonds to her wings. I don't have any fancy coloring tools, just some cheap $4.95 watercolor pencils and a water brush. Her skin looks very pale in the picture, but she's kinda peachy IRL. I took the pic outside cause I get better lighting out there. Anyway, I have some fun and exciting news to post in a few days...so stay tuned! =)

BLOG CANDY ALERT!! Irene over at "Shani's Mom" is having her first BLOG CANDY! Please stop over and read her post and leave a comment =)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

23 comments:

Lorie said...

She is absolutely stunning! This is just an adorable card!

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful and I really love the cute image.Your coloring is so beautiful.

Hugs from
Heidi

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh your coloring is FABulous!!!! I love the rich colors and the cute layout too!!

thestampspot said...

Beautiful Kristine, the colours are so deep and strong.

:) Marcia

Trina said...

Hi Kristine!! I'm so glad you got my images, I was worried that they didn't get to you! Love your colors and the layout on this card!!
Ooooh, I can't wait to hear your exciting news!!

Diane said...

So sweet!!!!Love the colors and how you slanted your image!
Super cute card Kristine! I rec'd 2WOJ stamps on friday,I fell in love with all of them,aren't they the cutest
1

scrappernic said...

GORGEOUS card! ABsolutely stunning--I love the papers :) As for fall weather, we went straight from hot to freezing and snow. Yikes! I haven't even been able to go out and snap fall pic yet :(

Deb Wood said...

Gorgeous love the colors and the fab flower!

Allison said...

Just gorgeous...the layout, the coloring, the papers...yum!

Rose Ann said...

This is so precious, Kristine!! I love the layout and pretty papers you've used on this one!! Great card, girl!!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card! The stamp is too cute and your coloring looks great!
Hugs and smiles

Belas Creating Place said...

Kristine: this is such a pretty card. The paper and colouring is so nice.

I just tagged you on my blog. Please go and see.

Have a super Sunday,
Bela

Diane said...

Thanks for your comment girls!!!
You are too sweet!!!

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh this is amazing. I love the way you color in your images. They are fantastic.

Cindy Haffner said...

Kristine, I love your card, so pretty, great work.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful! Love what you did with that precious image!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Kristine, a simply stunning card, I adore the colours you've chosen and you've coloured her soooo beautifully! Hugs Linda x

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous coloring on this. What a beautiful car!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable Kristine! Love that sweet image and your colouring is wonderful!

Gina said...

gorgeous card, very striking colours love the image too
gina xxx

Catherine said...

I'm loving these WOJ stamps and I don't think i can't wait any longer ... i gotta have them ...LOL!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Such a sweet image! Love your colour choices and the layered flowers! Such talent with colouring to work magic with $4.95 pencil crayons!!

Ila said...

Absolutley Gorgeous Kristine!!! I love the way you colored this image and the flower is Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila