Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A {Sarah Kay} Sketch Challenge

I recently came across Sarah Kay's Weekly Challenge Blog and this week is this sketch challenge. Doncha just love sketches? They really help create a starting point for me when I sit down to stamp. If there's a certain image I want to work with and a particular sketch doesn't work, I just look for one that does! There's a ton of sketch challenges out there--look in my right sidebar under challenges! =)

My friends Nikki and Trina both sent me some really fun Sarah Kay and Elizabeth Bell, as well as some Hanglar & Magnolia images to color and play with. I think this one is Elizabeth Bell, so I can't technically enter it on SKC blog, however, I liked it so much I used it anyway. The designer paper is from a huge pack I bought at Michael's a while back, and the border punch is a Martha Stewart punch (also from Michael's). All the blue dots are made with my Turq. Stardust Gellyroll pen, so it's sparkly.
OH, and one more thing... my 9 yr. old DD is turning 10 in a few short weeks and hasn't given me any ideas for her birthday. I'm thinking crafty stuff like little things to glue onto cards, ribbons and gems etc., or maybe if I can find a cheap digital camera--she'd prolly ♥ that. Do you have any ideas?
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

17 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable, Kristine! What sweet, sweet images!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! This is so totally adorable! I could give you tons of ideas for a 10 year old boy but a girl, nope...sorry! Have a great day!

Donna said...

swee card! what great friends - love the new banner with the owls in the tree *smile*

SusanBluerobot said...

A lovely cards love the colours you used too

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, Kristine!! I love your coloring, papers and edging on this!! Sweet!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Darling, absolutely darling!!! Your coloring and the colors.....cuuuuuuutie!!! Cool for listing all the challenges as I want to start branching out and playing more! Thanks so much!!

Denise said...

Such a cute, adorable card, I just love that image.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your colouring is beautiful Kristine and love this gorgeous image, Really love your new blog header, Hugs, Nikki x

Deb Wood said...

Kristine this is sooooo absolutely beautiful!! I LOVE IT!!

Diane said...

Super sweet card Kristine! I adore your coloring!!!! And that sketch is awesome isn't it!
I think the camera idea is perfect!
I'm sure she'd love that,of course with a case and the rechargeable batteries,the whole kit! Lol!

PATTY said...

beautiful card. I love your banner

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Kristine! Great coloring and layout.
Hugs and smiles

Trina said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love your coloring, and you are right, the layout is wonderful!! I just love this card!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Kristine this card is simply stunning, I adore this image and the colours you've chosen are just perfect. Hugs Linda x

Catherine said...

i love sketch challenges also, your card is just stunning :)

for a 10 year old, she'll probably really like her own digital camera to take pics of her friends and maybe she can scrap her pics :)

thestampspot said...

Kris, this is such a beautiful card. I'd never seen this challenge blog before, but thank you so much, it's one I will check out more now!

:) Marcia

Belas Creating Place said...

Kristine: I love your Sarah Kay card..just gorgeous. The new banner is so cute.

How are things?