Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A {Heavenly} Challenge

It's Wednesday...and you know what that means? ALL THAT SCRAPS challenge!! It's also the sketch challenge over at SCS, so I combined them both for this card. The ATS challenge this week is this color challenge:

I did substitute Purely Pomegranate for the Bravo Burgundy (after all, it does look like a shade of burgundy, right?) But the other two are very close! This gorgeous designer paper was sent to me from Rose Ann and is by Basic Grey. When I went to tape on my long strip, I accidently taped it on with the card upside down, so my sketch is backwards, but hey...it works and is just as pretty I think. However, I think I went a little wrong with my corner punch choice. I did that after coloring her in and didn't want it to go to waste, so... it is what it is.

BLOG CANDY!! My friend Irene, aka. Shani's Mom, is hosting her very first annual Blog Candy and is giving away a $50 gift certificate to any store of your choosing!! WOWZERS-- it closes the end of October, so be sure to go check it out and leave her a comment!! =)

PLEASE READ!! Have you been clicking on the Breast Cancer Awareness button every day? I changed my button to this cute penguin (top left of blog), and if you click him, it'll take you to the Breast Cancer Awareness site with another pink button to click. Please click that once a day, and they will provide FREE mammograms to women!! That's all you have to do. There are additional things on their site that you can do, like send a "pink" e-card to your friends, etc. to also generate free checks. Please remember to click once a day!! Thanks!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Juliann said...

This card is just so sweet, love the glitter on it as well!

BTW I have been meaning to ask you, do you do your own blog banners cuz they are always fabulous?!?

Lablady2007 said...

She's a pretty Angel...love the glitter and so glad you shared what you would consider waste ...lol..cause I sure know it wouldn't end up in my trash..

Lorie said...

Oh, my...this is just beautiful! I love the wings!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

I LOVE the corners!! So pretty I can't wait to get this little Sophia!!!

Marcia said...

This is such a sweet card, those colours are wonderful together. Might have to give them a crack.

:) Marcia

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

How darling!! Love her glittery wings, and the pink glitter on her dress is awesome!!
hugs, Jami

Seleise said...

gorgeous card! love it!

Diane said...

Fabulous Kristine!!! That paper is beautiful and so is the Angel!!!
Where is that punch from,i love it!

Carol Doyle said...

Kristine, love the card and the colors....and the glitter did it :0) Have a great weekend, I am headed to Myrtle Beach tomorrow and will be spending the weekend in an indoor pool! (Sorry) Gotta get away LOL! Am packing up some stamping stuff and sending the kids out with Dad and Grandma LOL! Can't wait!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is beautiful! I love the sparkly wings. :)

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh she is sooo pretty! Love the glittery wings! YIKES...love it so much!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is just so pretty Kristine, I just love her sparkly wings. Thank you for giving the cute penguin such a great home and for raising awareness. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rose Ann said...

Your angel is just beautiful, Kristine!! I love the papers and pretty sparkle too!!

gina g said...

beautiful card reminds me i have those papers. gina xx