Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gentle Thoughts...

First of all, thank you all so much for your kind words, emails and e-cards you've sent. My husband did call late last night and got the message about his dad passing away, but didn't say when he was coming home. Guess time will tell. His cell phone still won't work where he's at.

Unfortunately, yesterday was quite the day!! Not only did I wake up with a bad cold/flu, I got another call yesterday that a lady in my church passed away unexpectedly on her way to an eye dr. appt...well, someone else was driving her and she just fell asleep in the car and never woke up. She's an extraordinary indian woman who fostered 2 girls that are my daughters' ages, and 2 boys that are special needs young adults. I have the 2 girls in my children's church class on Sundays. Her services are tomorrow, so I was in need of some sympathy cards for the girls, which I just finished, and I still need to make some for the guys. I had them both in my classes when I taught Middle School special ed. Anyway, here's one of the girls' cards:

This angel is from my Paper Pretties stamp of the month club. Isn't she pretty? I used her once before as a Christmas angel, but I think she is great for this ocassion as well. The sentiment is from Garden Collage. It was all I could think of using and had room for. I had these stick on dew drop-type hearts in pale pink that I thought would add alot to this, as well as Dazzling Diamonds on her wings and trim. I'll show you the other cards soon. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!!

{A beautiful web page about Heaven}
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

13 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...how sad about your friend! I'm so sorry! Your card is beautiful and I'm sure it will be greatly loved!

Lablady2007 said...

As your card said beautifuly.."Gentle thoughts of you". You are in my thoughts and prayers.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Kristine, so sorry to hear about your friend hun. This is such a lovely card very pretty. I have this stamp im going to ink it up now you've given me some inspiration. Thank you for that hun, and hugs to you! Linda x

ribenaruby said...

So sorry to hear you are surrounded by sad news at the moment but the card is so beautiful. Love it.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a day! Sorry you have so much sad news to deal with on top of having the flu. Sending you big hugs!!

Your card is lovely, I'm sure it will bring some comfort to the girls.

hugs, Jami

PATTY said...

So much sad news, sorry to hear about your father in law and your church friend. I feel for her children, they are so young to lose a mother.

Love your angel stamp and love your coloring of her.
patty

Diane said...

My goodness Kristine,it's been a bad week for you! I'm so sorry about your friend,those poor foster children. Your card is so lovely,i'm sure they will love it!
Hang in there!

Catherine said...

Wow...what a week you guys are going through. Hope all is well.

Donna said...

{{hugs}} so sad to hear about your FIL & the lady at your church!! so sorry you're not feeling well on top of all this. take care of yourself!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

What a wonderful and meaningful card!! I'm so sorry it's been such a rough time.....please know I'm sending lots of prayers upward and lots of hugs your way!!!

Belas Creating Place said...

I am so sorry for your losses...my prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs, Bela

Steph said...

Sorry to hear your news. This is such a beautiful delicate card. I love the stamp x

Rose Ann said...

Oh...Kristine...I am so sorry about your FIL! Sending hugs to you, and sorry I am late. I am so sorry about your church friend passing away as well. It has been quite the week. ((((Kristine))))