Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Sympathy Card

Here's the other card I made for one of the girls who's foster mom passed away this week. This really has been a crazy week. My hubby's still not home, and my girls andI are are in over our heads cleaning the house for a slumber party for my daughter's birthday tomorrow night, after trick or treating of course, and I was busy all afternoon digging up photos of my FIL for a slideshow that'll be played at his funeral. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed a few months ago and so I don't have any digital pictures and I had to scan in my scrapbook pages and crop them all etc. Then in the middle of my photo searching, my neighbor called and needed my extra bunny hutch for a friend's daughter and needs it "today"...so I had to *find* the pull out try in my husband's very messy shop and go scrub it out...in the rain. And this was between getting off work and picking up kids from school. HOLY COW, can I just say once again that "when it rains, it pours!" When will this week ever end?!

OK, on a positive note, my husband had flowers sent to me yesterday since he's out hunting all week. Awww...he's a sweetie. Oh, and then my daughter's teacher called today and said she's getting Student of the Month again tomorrow for October at the assembly...yea! So, I guess with taking cupcakes to school tomorrow for her birthday, I can "kill 2 birds with one stone." Talk about an emotional roller coaster!! As I mentioned before I woke up Monday morning with a little cold, but went to work anyway, then Tues. I tried going in, but with all the sad news and feeling the flu coming on, I broke down crying to my boss--YA, that's not a good thing to do, LOl!! But he IS a pastor, so I'm safe. FYI, I am lots better today, but just overwhelmed. Sorry about all the venting, but then again, It's my blog and I can cry if I want to =) lol.

Just want to say again how much I've appreciated all your sweet comments, and prayers. Thank you Gina for [all] your e-cards you've sent -- they are wonderful. I wish my MIL had internet and I could pass them onto her.
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

10 comments:

Lablady2007 said...

Wow ... and you come up for air when??. Loved the up date and nice to see I'm not the only "Walk and Chew Gum" mom..I know I'm not but I like to think so(my world..hehhee)
ps... the angels are heavenly.
lablady2007@juno.com

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Sending you huge cyber hugs Kristine!!! I can't believe you even found a minute to post today, bless your heart!! I hope things slow down for you soon. Beautiful Angel card!
hugs, Jami

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

TONS of hugs!!!! You absolutely can and NEED to vent and know just how much support and friendship you've got!!!! And here you are creating wonderfully sweet cards to help others!!! You are amazing!

Seleise said...

beautiful sympathy cards. hope all goes well with the b-day party!

Diane said...

That's what friends are for...hear your venting! What a week it has been for you indeed!
At least it ended with positive,that's awesome!!!
Sending HUMONGUS HUGS!!!!!!!
Yur card is gorgeous btw,love it!!!

Gina Wrona said...

Kristine,

I'm so glad the emails/cards gave you comfort. I printed the one "If tomorrow starts w/out me" for my husband after his sister died this past May. He doesn't use the computer let alone the internet. You are so right, it's your blog and you can "vent" if you want to! YOU GO GIRL!

HBF!
Gina

P.S. Thanks for the acknowledgement posted. Seems the internet is the fasted way to reach people in time of need.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh Kristine what a time you are having. Sending huge hugs your way. I hope Carly has a great birthday.. we sent her a little something at the beginning of the week so hope it arrives soon, Love and hugs, Nikki x

Belas Creating Place said...

Dear Kristine: I am so sorry for the awful week that you had, I hope that next week is easier on you and your family. My condolences to your family as well.

Funerals are very difficult to plan for and very emotional. Take care of yourself.

Hugs, your friend
Bela

Rose Ann said...

I love your sweet and sparkly angel!! I need to catch up here, as we have had difficult family issues recently.

Michele said...

I am sorry to hear about your FIL....my prayers to you and your family.....
I love your card BTW....very pretty!